Pending Balance?

mikep
Contributor
Contributor

I sold something and got paid for it, well that was like ten days ago.  The balance is still pending.  Then I sold another thing and the balance from that I received and its already available, it never had any pending time.  Does anyone know why that first balance would still be pending?  Also does anyone know when I should be expecting that payment to become available?  Thanks for the help

Login to Me Too
25 REPLIES 25

todd
Contributor
Contributor

So where is the answer to this question ??? why some are pending and most are not pending payments .. hel for 21 days ??? what ???

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Jason
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi mikep-

If this is a payment hold, you can learn more about this at www.paypal.com/paymentholds.  You will see there that some transactions may fall into higher risk categories.

Holds lapse after 21 days of no action taken by buyer or seller, but can be lifted sooner by either the  seller providing electronic proof of delivery on the PayPal account or the buyer leaving positive feedback for the transaction.

Thanks,

Jason

Login to Me Too

sagegirl08

Jason, how do I provide electronic proof of delivery? Paypal had the tracking # of my item and it shows it was delivered early yesterday. Isn't this proof?

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Jason
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi sagegirl08-

For electronic proof of delivery, it can take up to 3 days to confirm that information.  If your hold is still in place by Friday morning, please reach out to PayPal via the Contact Us link on your account to have the information manually reviewed and the hold lifted.

Thanks,

Jason

Login to Me Too

sbowden99

Why does it take 3 days to confirm the delivery confirmation? That sounds like the IRS, not a supposedly responsive private sector entity.

--Seth

With $223 currently "on hold"

Login to Me Too

temp20181130y
Contributor
Contributor

Paypal instantly deducts transaction fees, right? So why did we need to wait for days to get OUR money, we've already paid you. It's our money and we have our full right about it and as sellers, we, on our own can resolve disputes not Paypal. This is total manipulation of something that is NOT yours.

It's like Paypal is controlling our money which is not the reason why we're using Paypal. We use Paypal to assist transactions, not to control and hold OUR money. We, Paypal users did not pay expensive charges just to be treated like this.

WE  ARE YOUR CUSTOMERS!!!

Login to Me Too

Pattio
Contributor
Contributor

Not true Jason, I have checked out the www.paypal.com/paymentholds. and found nothing that accounts for my account being put on Pending status.  I have 100% positive feedback (over 1,100), am selling nothing highrisk, ship in 24-48 hours (many times the same day I receive payment), have sold on Ebay for many years, have no disputes etc!  Yet here I am waiting 21 days for my money.

How does the seller provide electronic proof of delivery on the PayPal account??  Is this a push for us to use Paypal to print a shipping label, which I assume you charge for as well.  And as to waiting for the buyer to leave positive feedback - that is crazy.  Many do not leave feedback or do so after many days either because they forget or do not feel they have to.  Not right to keep someones funds because the buyer does not follow thru with feedback, you can be sure they will if they are unhappy with the transaction. 

Needless to say I am very dissapointed with Paypal, perhaps sellers need to band together and consider legal proceedings against them.  Surely someone out there is a lawyer.

Login to Me Too

Pattio
Contributor
Contributor

Just another thought....we sold on Ebay before Paypal existed so why do we need them now.  I have no problem going back to accepting checks - which clear in way less than 21 days!  I am also set up for credit card/debit purchases which is less expensive than Paypals charges and I have my money in my account with 2 days.  Guess it is a no brainer.  Others who sell often may want to set up credit card service as well.  Less expensive and less headaches.

Just a thought.....

Login to Me Too

Can you sell on ebay and use any other service other than paypal?? If I have an international customer what am I to do about their payment. Any suggestions would be great.  😃 Nic

@Pattio wrote:

Just another thought....we sold on Ebay before Paypal existed so why do we need them now.  I have no problem going back to accepting checks - which clear in way less than 21 days!  I am also set up for credit card/debit purchases which is less expensive than Paypals charges and I have my money in my account with 2 days.  Guess it is a no brainer.  Others who sell often may want to set up credit card service as well.  Less expensive and less headaches.

Just a thought.....

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.