Paypal problem - Money laundering?

SeanKelly
Contributor
Contributor

I got this message:

"Hello Sean Kelly,

We are sending you this notice because you have received more than 1,800.00 EUR in total payments to your PayPal account.

European Union anti-money laundering regulations and "know-your-customer" regulations require us to collect additional information when customers receive more than the mentioned amount in total payments.

To lift your receiving limit: 1.  https://www.paypal.com
2.  Click the "Resolution Centre" tab and complete all required steps.

Please provide the requested information within the allotted timeframe. Once all the steps have been completed, we will review your PayPal account and email you to let you know if we have sufficient information.

If you cannot complete these steps, click "Contact Us" to go to the Help Center for more information or to contact Customer Service.
We appreciate your business and apologize for any inconvenience.
Case ID: PP-866-212-035

Thanks,
PayPal Account Review Department"

All I was doing was selling really well on eBay, I am now too busy to fill in the required details, so I just want Paypal to close my account, but it says they won't.

What will happen if I don't fill in the details?

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

Rawman

You "don't have time", but you have time to research it and come here and post about it?

Sound fishy to me, no wonder they put you on hold.

Login to Me Too

skier
Advisor
Advisor

You either play by the rules or find another processor, it's just that simple.   Either way, you will have make time.

Regards,

skier

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.