Paypal needs to put a disclaimer in their dispute process

Beware
New Community Member

Paypal needs to put a disclaimer in their dispute process--learn from my mistake and perhaps save yourself a lot of time, money not to mention aggravation.  When you file a dispute with seller, one of the options is that what you received is not as the seller described.  If you opt for that as I did, Paypal will make you jump through hoops only to tell you that oh, sorry, the seller sent you something--granted, not what you paid for, but since they sent you something, you have no claim.  In other words you could send a seller several hundred dollars for an item and they, in return, send you a bag of dried dog poo and paypal will settle the claim in the seller's favor because as a buyer you stupidly were truthful: you stated they sent you something.  Paypal should put a disclaimer under this dispute catagory, warning the buyer if you opt for this, you can forget ever seeing your money or what you bought.  I suspect sellers have figured this out: send the buyer a much, much cheaper item (it's called bait and switch) and you, as a buyer, have absolutely no recourse.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

profdata
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

What you are talking about is a Significantly Not as Described (SNAD) claim.

There is SNAD buyer protection for most Ebay purchases.

There is no SNAD buyer protection for non ebay purchases.

Now if this was for an ebay purchase and you accidently filed a INR claim, you need to change it to a SNAD claim

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.