Paypal and Layaway

kittiekuddles
New Community Member

Hi, I am in the process of paying for an item and the seller (not on ebay) does Layaway, so this is the option i chose being I didnt have all the money up front.

I have made three layaway payments so far with paypal and i always write down in the paypals message box "layaway for ..."

Now im starting to wonder what if she doesnt send me my item after i have completed my payments? Can she just take my money and run?

The reason why i started to worry is because she just sent me an email stating she wants me to pay her paypal fees which is something that was never discussed before.

I told her no since because its an overseas purchase (U.K) paypal is already charging me a currency converter fee, and its unfair for me to have to pay double fees.
I dont know what to do 😞

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

northernlights
Contributor
Contributor

Wow..    It seems strange that the seller would come up with a new payment policy after you've already been making payments to them since the beginning.  Smiley Surprised

Hopefully, they'll see your message about the currency converter fee you're paying and they'll agree with you and leave it at that.

If they still insist that you still owe them an extra fee that you never agreed to, if it were me..  I'd log onto your paypal account and explain the situation to their customer service link they have on there.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.