Paypal Plus website - can't access account info

Insanity
New Community Member

I am in a total bind and can't use my Paypal Plus credit card to pay for Ebay purchases.  I go to the website to pay off my balance and am informed that the payment is "scheduled".  Every time I've payed online before, I got a confirmation number & email immediately.  Now, almost 36 hours later, the payment is still in "scheduled" status. Customer service keeps telling me they are in the process of "migrating" the website and I just have to wait a few days.

Also, I cannot access my statements.  And I got an email about 5 minutes ago telling me my "online statement is ready to view".  What a joke, as I still can't access it.

I am frustrated that I have to wait for my payment to finalize, frustrated that I can't pay my seller the $ I owe, frustrated that customer service keeps telling me I just have to wait to pay the seller because if I try to pay before they fix things, then the payment probably wont go through.  This isn't a small purchase - it's more than $1000.  How does this make me look to the seller?  The seller could cancel the sale if they were so inclined.

I'm beginning to think I should call the BBB or file some online consumer complaints.  I'm beginning to think that Paypal Mastercard/GE is going bankrupt or something.  This is RIDICULOUS!!!!!

Last month I found an unauthorized charge on my statement, so they said they needed to reissue a new card with a new number - and I had to wait 10 days before I could use the account.  When the new card finally came and I called to authorize it, I asked if I needed to go to my Paypal account and delete the old number and add the new.  They said that wasn't necessary since the card is linked to Paypal and will automatically update the info.  So what d'ya think happened next?  A few weeks later I try to pay for an Ebay purchase only to discover the old number was still in and the new one wasn't and nothing I tried could fix it.  I called, talked to 5 customer reps in a row before I got one to understand they needed to fix it ("oh no, it is linked, you don't have to do anything"  "that's how it's supposed to be but it ISN'T - PLEASE HELP ME CORRECT IT".)  No kidding, I was on the phone for over 2 hours.  They were all nice though a little dense ("there is no problem"   "then why am I calling you?"  "did I answer all your questions?"   "No - you didn't answer them or even admit that I had a question").  Finally the last guy got it all sorted out even though it took forever.

But now it is like my account is frozen or something.  My bank has already paid them the balance and yet it is still "pending" and "scheduled" for completion in the future.  It's ridiculous.

How do I explain this to my seller who I am now 2 days late paying?  

Does anyone have a clue what the heck is going on??  This is a nightmare, is taking a ridiculous amount of time - to no avail, and I have no idea how to fix it.

Is Paypal/Paypal Plus/GE going thru a complete failure?  How could it be possible that they suddenly disable my account and totally **bleep** up the website?

Help!!!!!  Please advise ASAP.

Login to Me Too
21 REPLIES 21

allysmoma
Contributor
Contributor

Just wondering if you ever got this resolved. I've had this card now for several months and have NEVER been able to access my account online. It's really a pain in the **bleep** since I can't view my transactions or pay online. I've tried calling and was told it would be available in 48 hours. Still nothing. I tried calling again and again but was transfered numerous times and then disconnected. Apparently no one can help and doesn't give a **bleep** either.

Login to Me Too

babyangel1226
New Community Member

Paypal has been saying for months that they were going to add the Paypal plus credit card info to there site. Nothings ever come of that so far.  I could access my credit card info online at www.paypalplus.gemoney.com until a couple of days ago.  Now the site says you can access your account on paypal.com under account summery when you log into your account.  This does not work for me.  I've looked all over the site for preferences to add my card number.  It's not there.  Plus, I was excited to see you could get a new card with any pic you wanted on it as part of a contest Paypal is running, but it won't let me access that function because paypal.com doesn't have a record of my paypal plus credit card.  This is rediculus. 

Login to Me Too

lopez331

I am having trouble finding my Paypal Buyer Credit account information too!  The GE site redirects you paypal.  On the help page it says to click on the tab that says 'see credit activity' on your account overview page.  Not finding it!!!!  Getting frustrated!!!

Login to Me Too

rockbeat
Contributor
Contributor

Same here and I have a payment coming due in just a couple of days. I've always paid online. I will say this, there is no way on earth I will pay a late payment fee if they try to charge one to me.

Login to Me Too

tiff823
Contributor
Contributor

I'm having the SAME PROBLEM!! It is beyond annoying, and every person from Paypal simply says to click the "See Credit Activity" link under Account Overview. There is no such link!! I mean seriously, what the heck is going on?! I refuse to pay a late fee as well, because this is entirely their fault. If things were going to be this big of a headache they should have just left the site as it was. Ridiculous.

Login to Me Too

CreditCard
Contributor
Contributor

By any chance, do you guys see "View card details" link in the account overview. If so, please click on that link to view the all the details related to PayPal Credit card.

Login to Me Too

tiff823
Contributor
Contributor

No, there is no link that says "View Card Details" under Account Overview.

Login to Me Too

rockbeat
Contributor
Contributor

No, Mr. or Ms. CreditCard, we do not by chance see the "view card details" link because it quite simply isn't there, at least not when I bring up the site, which I did again just two minutes ago. Nope. Still not there. There is obviously a glitch in the system somewhere and Paypal (that's you, CreditCard) can better serve your customers (that's us) by fixing the problem than you do by offering up condescending insults upon our intelligence.  

Login to Me Too

braddqq
Contributor
Contributor

For a company as large as eBay/Paypal, you would have thought they'd figure this out before every eBay Mastercard holder contacts the BBB. I myself, cannot access my information at paypal.com, even though it says all over the credit card itself to manage your account there. Even more so, the sticker on my new eBay card said "Activate online at www.paypal.com" - still - NOTHING on the paypal.com site to activate the card. Are you kidding me Paypal? To add to the problems, the help article on redeeming eBay points (I was hopeful this might somehow lead to a secret area to access card info) has a description of "null" :

https://www.paypal.com/helpcenter/main.jsp;jsessionid=yTsPLMFhfvypVtkxg5h6lQyDLZYTghhpnQwLRLtDgqhyT0...

I'd be understanding if it was just me that had this issue, but seeing everyone else with the same problem makes me think this company is going down the tubes.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.