Paypal Custom Reports

AFCEA-QP
New Community Member

I've been trying to create a Custom Report for my Paypal transactions.  When I go to help it talks about clicking on a Custom Report button but there is no choice for this type of report.  When I click on the Reports tab, I have a Reports Dashboard and these are the only choices:

Sales activity reports

Monthly sales report

Get a quick overview of your monthly sales or review daily details.

View sample report

View current inventory and profit & loss data.

Get a monthly snapshot of your PayPal account activity.

View sample report

View, sort, and download dispute and chargeback cases.

View sample report

Download report data to your server

Select the reports that you would like to subscribe to via the PayPal secure FTP server.

Enable secure FTP server to retrieve subscribed reports.

Request and manage email notifications about account activity, PayPal newsletters, and secondary account changes.

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

skier
Advisor
Advisor

Just thought we share some experience with you.  We learned sometime back that the both the Account Reporting functions are data exporting features are quite limited both function and customization.   If you want to make a career out trying to get the transaction information you need, then using the Account Reporting tools is the right tool to use.

Seems that PayPal certainly could have done a much better job but, unfortunately, it is what it is.   You may have some luck by using the Business Report Portal but, there's still a lot of room for improvement.   For example, we would love to see PayPal and Quickbooks actually work together to come with a real working export/import function. Perhaps some day.

Having said that, we learned not to rely on PayPal's Business Reporting functions and simply input all of sales transaction information directly into Quick Book Pro.  Yes, it does take a minor effort to do this, but you can't complain about the end results.  We can access our customer database and sales transaction info anytime and can run any type of report when we need it.   And it makes doing taxes a breeze.  We now only use our PayPal Account Reporting for transactions double checks when needed but, that's very rare.

Regards,

skier

Login to Me Too

expertbenefits
Contributor
Contributor

It is what it is and no matter how many surveys they ask me to complete, reporting becomes less robust. It's like they own the information and don't want to share it. Very odd way to treat customers.

I am sending all my current reports to shoeboxed.com and using outright.com and other cloud functionality since Quickbooks seems to always crash no matter what system I am using. I don't have employees so probably don't need it since I work almost 24/7 - sending emails to shoebox.com with receipts and shipping data as well as ssnding them hard copies works great. Now they are part of the google apps family too....Paypal better get with the program..monopolies like kingdoms and businesses can be crushed by complacency.

Login to Me Too

Amanda411

Hi All,

I have passed on your feedback to our merchant reporting team. They are currently working on making the reports more robust. I don’t have a time frame for the implementation but please stayed tuned for more information.

Amanda

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.