Paypal Checkout

Chainon
Contributor
Contributor

I'm creating a paypal cart on my website. Well, I'll just start from the beginning.

I have a website and I edit it through a cms. The CMS has a cart.. It's sort of like the paypal's option to create a "add to cart" button, but I find my CMS better. My CMS has it's own add to cart button, view cart, and check out. If you go into the store settings you can change the "add to cart" button, and the "Check Out" button. I tried doing all of it through cms but I got stuck at the checkout part.. I have no idea how to integrate that with paypal.

So I moved on to making a paypal "Add to Cart" button... I tried the thing through the "Merchant Services" to make a cart, but that only allows for me to make one option with a cost. For example:

I sell jewelry. There is the size of the bracelet, which will cost more per inch, then there is the clasp, which will cost more if they want a more expensive clasp. So I needed two drop down options, both with costs and paypal doesn't allow that on their create a button thing.

I ended up with this:

Not letting me paste the code. So I'll post some links. This site is under construction.

Here's what I want. Click the button and it doesn't work.

http://www.chainonjewelry.com/cms/storeprod/Japanese,,2127.html

Which worked fine. Two options, both with costs. I can work in shipping by weight as well, just haven't done that.

Now, a few months later, I tried going back to the CMS cart and tried to integrate it with paypal, and it didn't work again. So I'm going BACK to paypal add to cart buttons. The only problem is, instead of opening up the paypal cart page, when I click "add to cart" it adds to the CMS cart with a price of $0.00.

However, if I just save this script as a .html (as opposed to the .txt I edit with) and open it, add to cart, and bam... it works. So I don't know what's taking place when I paste it into my cms... what's changing, why it's going to the cms cart instead.

As I said before, there is a box in the Store Settings within the CMS I'm using, it's for the Checkout Script. I don't think anything needs to be in there...

Any help would be awesome. If you need further clarification, I'll give it. Just ask.

Using the paypal "create a button" service would be awesome, but as I said... You can only have one option box with price.

By the way, I tried the paypal "create a button" service just to see if that would work and it didn't either.

-Q

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

TeaTimeshirts
New Community Member

the paypal add to cart button builder had a check box that once checked will bring up options for adding a drop down menu. i use it for shirt size, but you can make it for varying sizes that each have different costs.

Login to Me Too

skier
Advisor
Advisor

See this site for button coding examples and tips.

Regards,

skier

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.