Payment status is completed? Seller says payment was held, no pending bank transactions?

caerlean
Contributor
Contributor

Alright so I just bought two things on eBay after setting my account up to use my bank account instead of my debit card (which is the same thing, but I was lulled by the $5 paypal return thing, of course) and so I paid for these two items eBay and one of the senders reported that paypal put a hold on her payment, when I checked my paypal information and it said that the payments were completed. I also checked my bank account page to see if paypal had withdrawn any cash but there are currently no indication of any pending transactions on my bank page.

So is this bank account to paypal thing much more trouble than it's worth? None on this seemed to happen before.

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

26percentcard
Contributor
Contributor

Who else is tired of being bullied by Ebay?

I just found out I can't buy or sell through my PayPal until I get "registered", by that they decided I must give them my personal bank account number, when a credit card backup was just fine for years, the other option was to sign up for PayPal's 19-26% credit card.

When did a valid credit card through MasterCharge become unacceptable? When they see you have purchased and bought at least $10,000 dollars that's when! They lick their chops when that figure pops up.

When I hit that number, which I have worked very hard to keep over 900 purchases and sales at 100% positive feedback. Guess that's not what they care about, they all of a sudden closed my access to PayPal when I had $83.00 left in my account and owed them nothing-zero!

No way to get the $83.00 out, only through a check mailed out within the next two weeks to me from PayPal.

I have had a PayPal debit card for three years with no problems, suddenly it's no good. I couldn't use it to access my account either.

I for one am totally fed up with Ebay and am leaving for good. Their bullying stops today with me anyway. I can't wait for another competitor to show these guys how to treat us with respect. Craigslist here I come.

Login to Me Too

surplusdealdude
Advisor
Advisor

You can ignore the troll above - they're just spamming the board.

The seller has has a hold placed on the money, but it's nothing that you have done.  Paypal puts a 21 day hold on new sellers to give them time to prove that they've done their job before they get their money.

The seller MUST ship the item within 7 days, hold or not.  Some sellers trying to weasel out of this, but it's iron-clad.

Tell the seller that you insist they ship immediately and provide you with an email that shows a tracking number.  If they don't do so , file an "Item not received dispute" here;

http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ResolutionCenter&cf=20

You may have to wait until a certain date to file that dispute - I think there's a minimum time requirement.

Once the dispute has been filed, do not close it until you either have a refund or your item, no matter what the seller promises.  Once the dispute is closed, it cannot be reopened.

Login to Me Too

caerlean
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you very much. That was exactly what I needed to hear.

I was just worried that since nothing was withdrawn from my bank account that something was wrong with my paypal account.

Login to Me Too

surplusdealdude
Advisor
Advisor

When I answered your question, I was under the impression that the payment had come out of your account.

If it has, then my advice applies.

If it hasn't, then the payment is likely an echeck - they DO take some time to clear, but the seller should be aware that you have paid by echeck.

The seller is within their rights not to ship until the echeck has cleared. but then must ship witin 7 days after that.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.