Payment not authorized for World of Warcraft

sereneataxia
New Community Member

I'm trying to upgrade my account and paying my subscription through PayPal, but I keep on receiving the following from them:

" Your PayPal payment could not be authorized for your recurring World of Warcraft subscription on this account.  As a result, your World of Warcraft account will not be playable until a working form of payment is added.

Here are the details of the attempted transaction:

PayPal Billing Agreement Number: *omitted*

Subscription Type Attempted: 3 Month Recurring
Amount: 41.97

This failure does NOT mean there is anything wrong with your PayPal account, but you should check your balance and ensure your PayPal account is in working status, by logging in to your account on the official PayPal website:
http://www.paypal.com

I verified with my own account and I still have enough balance to keep on using my account. So why was my payment not authorized?

Login to Me Too
23 REPLIES 23

PayPal_Jason
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi sereneataxia-

We do not discuss specific financial transactions in public forums for your account's protection.  You can reach out to PayPal securely through the Contact Us link on your account overview or Help pages.  Upon confirmation of your identity, you'll be given a phone number or an encrypted email box so that your card can be discussed in a secure environment.

Thanks,

Jason

Login to Me Too

carrielee76
Contributor
Contributor

Im trying to use my paypal acct to pay for WOW but I am being asked for a credit/debit card even though I have enough cash on my paypal acct. Why?

Login to Me Too

sandypurins
Advisor
Advisor

You need to have a credit card, a debit card or a bank account linked to your PayPal account before you can send any payments. This includes payments which are funded by your PayPal account balance.

Login to Me Too

carrielee76
Contributor
Contributor

I have 2 checking accounts linked to my Paypal account and still can't send this payment. I sent a payment to popcap games the other day with no problem, could this then be something that Blizzard requires?

Login to Me Too

Mathius
Contributor
Contributor

I'm having the same difficulty.

I have a chequing account tied to my paypal, it is verified.  I have a balance on my paypal acct,  enough to cover a subscription cost.

yet when I attempt to subscribe it tells me that I need to setup a credit card.  I don't want to set up a credit card to pay for WoW,  that's why I'm trying to use paypal.

After some internet searching, I discoverd it may be a problem with my profile and my service agreement.  SoI went to my paypal "profile" and cancelled all of my previous agreements with Blizzard,  and tried again.  Still the same problem.

pls help.

Login to Me Too

surplusdealdude
Advisor
Advisor

People, READ THE ANSWERS that have already been given!

You have to have a bank account AND A CREDIT CARD on file at Paypal to do this.

2 bank accounts won't work - you have to have a CREDIT CARD ON FILE.

Login to Me Too

carrielee76
Contributor
Contributor

Surplusdealdude, Apparently you can't read...You need to have a credit card, a debit card or a bank account ......Not AND.....that is what another advisor posted to my concern. And how could I have paid for PopCap Games if I HAVE to have BOTH cc and bank acct?  Purchased Zombies vs Plants without cc on file. So before you get on here and just assume that I am not reading what is posted, make sure you read the entire message correctly. And if the other advisor is incorrect in their info, maybe PayPal needs to re-educate it's employees on what is REQUIRED to make purchases online and then PayPal needs to do that for everything purchased online..not just certain products or services. Makes things confusing to the consumer.

Login to Me Too

Mathius
Contributor
Contributor

I agree.   i'm quite confused.

Login to Me Too

surplusdealdude
Advisor
Advisor

@carrielee76 wrote:

I am being asked for a credit/debit card

Ya think they mean it?

Or do ya think they spent the time encoding that into the website just for kicks?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.