Payment has been on hold after i shipped package?

sjlennon23
New Community Member

About a week and a half ago, i shipped a gameboy that i sold on ebay. After about 5 or 6 days, i contacted the person that i sent the gameboy too via ebay mail and they said to me that they got it and would leave feedback. When i shipped the package, i didnt use a printable shiping label, i just went to the post office and wrote down the adress of my buyer. Now even after contacting my buyer, my funds are still being held and i dont know why or what i can do in order to get my money for the gameboy. Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Login to Me Too
196 REPLIES 196

**bleep** paypal. im done using them. its rediculous how i sell an item, wait for the buyer to say they get it, buyer opens a claim, get the item for free and i get nothing all because "he never got the item" but i sent it and i had the tracking number. i couldn't even print a **bleep** shipping label because the tracnsaction won't show up. peace paypal... your losing people by the second.

Login to Me Too

bigdave
Contributor
Contributor

og to paypal acount see the buyer  there is a place in the colum to put a tracking number

Login to Me Too

sforceunhappy

There is an alternative to PayPal.  It's called Xoom.

Login to Me Too

Sonny2
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for telling us/me this & posting this because I've really been thinking about canceling my account w/paypal..AFTER I GET ALL OF MY MONEY!!   🙂 

Login to Me Too

theseller
Contributor
Contributor

i shiped the item it was 600 plus 19 shipping and its was delivered and confirmed with the traking number it says it was arive, ok now the buyer hasent send me any feedback does the means that they are not going to give me the money if the buyer dosent ever send me a feed back ?or they are in like 3 weeks ?

Login to Me Too

peanut
Contributor
Contributor

According to paypal if the can verify that item was delivered they are suppose to release funds. works good probably if you have tracking number, but what if item is local pick up and buyers sends payment to paypal like what just happened to me because he can't read item description that says cash at pickup only, ebay lady says to contact buyer and ask for feedback. Ever hears of such b.s. She also says this is to make things flow more smoothly. How big of a crack pipe do these people smoke out of anyway?

Login to Me Too

Sonny2
Contributor
Contributor

The ONLY thing that I have read, that I can actually make any sense of is...paypal has to know that our/your sellers/buyers(Ebay)are satisfied!! But just like you or someone else said...what IF the seller/buyer doesn't leave any feedback..then what? What if you get BAD FEEDBACK left to you that you didn't even deserve??? How is paypal really going to "verify" if someone is happy w/the person they are dealing with? There are millions of ppl useing paypal only and/or w/ebay! Another thing I read was...If you are paid/receive $100.00 in your paypal account then that money will be held for that many days..in others words...if we/you get $100.00 into our account we can't touch it for the next 100 days!!   This is B.S if I've ever seen any..it is NOT fair to any of us & one more thing...Did paypal, ebay, anyone give you any NOTICE that this mess was gonna take place w/your account?????  Myself nor anyone else I know w/this sam problem did NOT GET ANY NOTICE FROM ANYONE, ANY COMPANY until the hold was already in affect...aka TOO LATE!!

Login to Me Too

stratman7000
Contributor
Contributor

I CONTACTED MY LOCAL NEWS THEY WILL INVESTIGATE AND DO FUSS ABOUT THIS. I THINK THIS WILL GO TO MAJORS EVEN COURTS. I ALSO LISTED THESE FORUMS LINK IN MY LISTINGS TO SPREAD THE WORD.  I WILL NOW TRY CALLING MY RADIO STATIONS TO HELP SPREAD THE WORD TO **bleep** PAY-PAY AND EBAY FOR NOT OFFERING ALTERNATIVES.  DO YOU SPOT MONOPOLY HERE? I DO!

Login to Me Too

rawrlaud

I recently sold a phone for $600 to someone overseas. She saw the item on eBay and e-mailed me about it, and paid me via paypal instead of going through eBay's check-out. I shipped the item the next day, paid $40 out of my own, the shipping did not come with a tracking number and she did not buy it via eBay so she can't leave a positive feedback. I'm awaiting the money still, and I've sent an e-mail to their customer service the very same day, I haven't gotten a reply yet. I'm quite disappointed since this is my first time using PayPal as I expected immediate payment to my account.

Login to Me Too

jbguitar
Contributor
Contributor

I am with everyone else on this one.  I sold an amp for $500, it has been delivered and funds are still "on hold".  I have been on Ebay for years, but haven't been on in a while and apparently they've changed A LOT of things that I wasn't aware of.  This WILL be the last time I ever use paypal.  The fees, plus holding your money is ridiculous.  Like was said previously, you're basically at the mercy of your buyer to hold up their end before you can get the money that rightfully belongs to YOU!!

Bye bye paypal...I won't use you again!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.