Payment Review Fiasco

Frederick
Contributor
Contributor

As the buyer, PayPal listed the payment on my account as complete.  At the same time PayPal sent an email to the seller saying that the payment was under review.  Why would PayPal give different information to the buyer and seller concerning the same payment.  This caused a tremendous amount of confusion and mistrust in this ebay transaction.

Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7

southernbella10
New Community Member

I believe I'm having the same issue. I purchased an item on ebay from a seller and he insists that the payment has not been sent to his account. My account says the payment has been  completed, and the funds have been deducted from my bank account, so why on earth would there be a problem????

Login to Me Too

queenvictoriaii
Contributor
Contributor

Ebay reads that payments from buyers  to my Paypal account are being processed.  I've never had this happen before.  I have 16 buyers who have paid, yet Paypal has yet to post their payments to my account.  Any suggestions?  I've searched Paypal help and have even called.  They don't seem to be able to help me at all.  Anyone else out there with a suggestion?

Login to Me Too

queenvictoriaii
Contributor
Contributor

Sorry, I neglected to include that for two days these payments are being processed.  I've never had it take this long before.  I need to get the buyers shipments out, but can't without payment.  Has anyone else ever had it take this long before?  If there is a problem with Paypal, any suggestions on how I resolve this?

Login to Me Too

profdata
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

@Frederick wrote:

As the buyer, PayPal listed the payment on my account as complete.  At the same time PayPal sent an email to the seller saying that the payment was under review.  Why would PayPal give different information to the buyer and seller concerning the same payment.  This caused a tremendous amount of confusion and mistrust in this ebay transaction.

Sounds like the "bot" thought something might be wrong with the payment. 

The don't let the sender know because if the account is hijacked, they don't want the sender to know.

The let the buyer know they are looking into the payment and not to ship, until paypal recontacts them.

Login to Me Too

InstantVideo
Contributor
Contributor

@profdata wrote:

The let the buyer know they are looking into the payment and not to ship

Yeah, the buyer shouldn't ship, excellent advise.

Login to Me Too

APG_Mike
New Community Member

Just had identical transaction, i.e. my account shows transaction status = "Completed" yet the seller says their Paypal account shows it "under review".   

Login to Me Too

paintedeagle09
Contributor
Contributor

That makes me wonder if the emails I'm sending to my buyers through ebay are even getting to them.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.