Payment Pending Hold

mamie860
Contributor
Contributor

This payment pending hold is ridiculous, i feel if i am selling items off ebay and the buyer pay for the item through my paypal account that money should be availabale to me right away. I think this 21 day hold is stupid and, then they say the money can be released early if i ship out the item right away which i did or if the package has been delivered all items was delivered and signed for and that if the buyer doesn't put in a claim or if they leave you a positive feedback from the buyer.

All my items has been delivered to the buyers and i have tracked it and says it was signed and delivered. I also tried sending the buyers emails to please put in there feedback and i have not gotten any response from any of them on a feedback. And I can never get a live person on the phone when i call paypal to get some answers.

I will not be using paypal anymore to receive payments through paypal.

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

fishbob
New Community Member

It does not bode well for pay pal.  Holding money for any reason doesn't make sense, at least for the buyer and seller that is.  They are beginning to sound and feel more like the IRS.  When money is refunded, there is no good reason for it to take that much time to get it to the account to which it belongs-----IN FULL.  I can certainly understand now, why I've run into sellers that don't accept pay pal.  Up until this refund to my account, I believed pay pal was great, but now I'm not too sure.  As it is, if I were low on money for any reason, I could be suffering for the use of the money "they" are playing with AND paying possible fees.  It won't take much of this for me to join you in your assessment and go back to our original methods, i.e. checks or money orders and snail mail.

Login to Me Too

mamie860
Contributor
Contributor

yeah, because i am in a bind that i really need to get access to this money and now i have to result in borrowing money from friends and family, and that's something i don't want to do. and i'm with u start accepting payments through other methods, check, money order.

Login to Me Too

slysly
New Community Member

I agree, the same thing happened to me.  My item was delivered and signed for and so far the buyer has not stated any problem with the item.  The buyer also hasn't left feedback or let ebay know item was delivered despite several emails asking them to do this.  So now my hundred and some dollars is sitting in pending and I have no way of getting it any sooner.  Also, that means I paid for shipping out of my own money and haven't gotten any money yet.  That is bullsh** and I think Paypal needs to improve this service.  If they are going to do holds, then they should have an option where you can put in the info on delivery confirmation so the money can be released.

Login to Me Too

daking
New Community Member

Well here is but another DISSATISSFIED E-BAYER,you are right this payment pending _ _ _ t is garbage. buyer has item (confirmed) according to"policy" once confirmed delivered release should?? yeah right still do not have access to MY MONEY!!!!! this is BS!! I thought a return policy was supposed to do this?? your not satisfied? return for refund,right? what a joke we as sellers that oppose to this must come up with another alternative for getting paid this is not fair to hold " MY MONEY" !!!!I think this is just another way paypal can get just a little more interest  on " MY MONEY"!!! very unhappywith this cra_.

Login to Me Too

1968hans
Contributor
Contributor

I would like to know how much interest paypal collects on users $$$ during the pending process.I know the money is collecting interest in some account but it is not mine.I am testing selling on ebay using paypal with collector car parts NOT GOING WELL.There is now way I will sell my cars using paypal.One car is valued at $150,000.00,ready to sell 5 total.END RESULT COULD HAVE $400,000.00 SITTING IN PAYPAL ACCOUNT PENDING AND COLLECTING NO INTEREST AT ALL,AT LEAST NOT FOR ME?????????????AND THIS PROCESS WOULD NEVER END OF COLLECTING YOURS AND MINE INTEREST $$$$$$$$$$ DAY AFTER DAY

Login to Me Too

AKLonewolf

It looks like all I see are people **bleep** about the cr** that Paypal does to us!! What about a solution!! Can't ANYONE out there, (Isn't this moderated? Isn't there a moderator?), tell us how we get our FU***NG $$$ if someone WON'T leave feedback??? I AM SICK AND TIRED OF PEOPLE USING ME!! PAYPAL USES US TO GET A FEE FOR SELLING, THEN THEY USE US TO GET INTEREST ON OUR MONEY. (I think they should have to pay us every dime in interest they collect with OUR money!!)

WHAT IF ALL THE PAYPAL USERS GOT TOGETHER AND DID A CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT??? We could sue them for the interest on the money they make and not giving us a way to follow their procedures. HEY! THEY set the policies and we folow them, right? Then why if they have a policy that our money can be released earlier if it can be verified the item was delivered, do they NOT give us a way to get this info to them to get our $$ released? I will tell you why... I did medical billing for a TPA, (Third Party Administrator), called Coresource. They would stamp claims received and we would have ten days to process these claims... Well, we would restampt them after ten days and because we would have identified how much $$ we would pay out the people would have to pay Coresource and then Coresource HOLDS the millions in the bank for additional time JUST TO COLLECT THE INTEREST!! I believe this is common practice in industries world wide and people like you and me get **bleep**ed ECERY time!

So... What happens? Paypal charges us a fee from what we sell, they hold it for up to ?? many days till either a feedabck or the tiem limit runs out. THEN they take 3-5 business days to transfer that money to my bank. (So if your money is relased on Friday afternoon adn you start the transfer on Friday afternoon, they get to collect interest from Friday to possibly the next Thursday! A week's worth of interest on HOW MUCH $$ overall.

They say we can use another service if we don't like it? First, go back to Ebay and see if you can accept anything other than credit cards or Paypal. NO! Anyway, NOT the point. If you provide a service and promote that service to the masses, then you have an obligation to not take advantage of the people who do business with you. Isn't that called "operating in bad faith"? That used to be the soul of a business. If you operated in bad faith you could be shut down. The ONLY way for them to prove that they are not doing this is to show WHY it takes three to five business days to "electronically" transfer my money to my bank. All banks do it, but it ain't right!!! And why it takes 20+ days to release MY money.

What if...

I go to...say... the grocery store. I buy $100 of food and pay with a check. Then they have made me pay for my food but NOW hold my food until my check clears? How long would this be tolerated? What about ANYTHING we buy with other than cash?? You don't get it till your money clears the bank AND then it could take us 3-5 business days before you have access to ?? item(s)

Am I stretching this a bit. Sure I am, but the principal is the same.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.