Payment I made was pending & seller said she had listed her wrong email!

bailey
Contributor
Contributor

Seller because my payment to her is pending is saying that she had the wrong email listed and for me to cancel payment and then go back and repay her through paypal, is this legit? I feel she's honest but I want to make sure.

item numbers

I paid thrught paypal and have now canceled payment so do I now go in and repay her. Making sure thats ok

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

surplusdealdude
Advisor
Advisor

I think it's safe.  The person has an absolutely spotless feedback record and nobody's going to scam you for $30.00.

As well, the seller looks to be new at selling ( she's selling under her buying ID), so it's quite possible she messed up.

Login to Me Too

sandypurins
Advisor
Advisor

It's a common seller mistake... sellers don't realize that they must manually change the email address in the payments section of their eBay listings. To send payment to the seller's new email address, login to PayPal, click on the "Send Money" tab, complete the payment fields, select "Goods" as the payment type, enter the eBay item number and title in the "Notes" section and follow instructions from there.

This payment procedure may result in the loss of PayPal and eBay Buyer Protection.

If you wish to be covered by eBay's Buyer Protection, you can have the seller relist the eBay item, using his correct PayPal email address and with a BIN (Buy It Now) equal to your winning bid price. The first eBay listing can be mutually canceled so that the seller receives a refund of the eBay final value fees for that item.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.