Payment Holds and No History

HVRA

I've sold quite a few lots on a fairly recent eBay account, but there is no record of their sales in my Paypal account!  I've linked the account to my eBay account, eBay marks it paid when the buyer paid for their item.  However when I check my Paypal account, there is absolutely no record of the sale and supposedly the payments are held.  Not even receiving notifications in my email!  Is this normal?

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

profdata
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Sounds like you might have a e-mail typo in the paypal box of the listing.

Try to relist the item and see what e-mail address you have in the Paypal box near the bottom of the page.  (don't complete the relist.

if it is a typo if possible can you add the e-mail address to your e-mail service provider account (comcast lets you have 6 e-mail address).

if you can't the buyer will have to cancel the payment and you will have to send him an invoice 

Login to Me Too

surplusdealdude
Advisor
Advisor

How do you know that the payments have been made?

If the buyer just tells you they've paid, that means nothing.

Try this - go to your "sold" page and look to the right of the entires for the sold items.  There will be a set of icons there - one of them is a '$' sign.

If that '$' sign is blank, then the buyer has not paid.

If the '$' sign is filled in solid blue, then position your mouse pointer over it and wait - an explanation of how the buyer has paid should come up.

If it says the buyer has paid through Paypal, it's an ongoing glitch in the Paypal system - payments should show up in 3-4 days.

If it says that the buyer has marked it paid, it may mean that the buyer is sending you a money order or the buyer could have just marked it paid, hoping that you'll ship.

In all cases, DO NOT SHIP until the money shows up in your Paypal account.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.