PayPal email address

Mercer
New Community Member

I am expecting to get a payment from a company that insists that the email I use to communicate with them is the same as my PayPal email address. It currently is not. If I add the email I use to communicate with them to my current PayPal account will that do the job so I can get their payments? Or do I have to set up a whole new PayPal account using this other email account?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

skier
Advisor
Advisor

If the company is going to send you money via the PayPal System, then you need to give them the same email address you use to login to your PayPal Account.   That's how the system works.

Regards,

skier

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6
Solved

skier
Advisor
Advisor

If the company is going to send you money via the PayPal System, then you need to give them the same email address you use to login to your PayPal Account.   That's how the system works.

Regards,

skier

Login to Me Too

somos2010

If I add another email address and make it primary, will that address be my login email?

Login to Me Too

skier
Advisor
Advisor

You can have up to 8 verified email addresses linked to your PayPal Account.   You can use any one of the 8 email addresses to log into your PayPal Account.   Note, regardless of which email address you use, you still only have 1 password.   Tip, always use a strong password.   A strong password is one that has a minimum or 12 characters consisting of upper case, lower case, numbers and special characters.

Regards,

skier

Login to Me Too

loneranger48
New Community Member

I have a dispute with Paypal, but nowhere have I found a way of contacting them. Help!

Login to Me Too

sassysandy
Contributor
Contributor

I know to give my email address to get paid by Paypal but don't we had @ paypal.com or somthing like that? thanks anyone

Login to Me Too

skier
Advisor
Advisor

No.

PayPal does offer or assign email addresses.

Regards,

skier

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.