PayPal does not stand behind their sellers

Linda6860
Contributor
Contributor

I sold an item as pre-owned. The buyer chnaged her mind and apparently wanted a refund. My return policy clearly states to contact me within 3 days if there is a problem. This buyer contacted me 18 days AFTER she received it and wanted a refund. Of course all she has to say to paypal is the item was "not as described" and they refund the money. So that is what she did and they put a hold on my account for the funds, she opened a dispute and of course PayPal sided with her. PayPal sucks and does not stand behind their sellers even tho we are the ones making them rich. So does anyone out there know of other payment methods for ebay so I can tell paypal to kiss my big a***? If so, please let me know. Thanks

Login to Me Too
9 REPLIES 9

skier
Advisor
Advisor

Unfortunately  the customer has up to 45 days to file a claim regardless of your policy.   This is described in the first section of the User Agreement under "Please note the following risks of using the PayPal service:" .

Regards,

skier

Login to Me Too

Linda6860
Contributor
Contributor

Skier,

Ok so why does ebay and paypal even let us put "our" policy on our listings when they control our accounts? I think PayPal is unfair to sellers. So do u know any other sites that are the best to replace paypal?

Login to Me Too

MICHAELDAY
New Community Member

I WOULD LOVE TO FIND ANOTHER ONLINE BANK ACCOUNT BESIDES PAYPAL. I AM ALSO A SELLER ON EBAY AND  AM TIRED OF THE WAY PAYPAL DOES NOT STAND BEHIND THERE MAIN CUSTOMERS AND REFUNDS TRANSACTIONS ON THE DROP OF A HAT. I WOULD LIKE TO BAND TOGETHER AND START A NEW ONLINE BANK ACCOUNT THAT DOES STAND BEHIND THERE MAIN SOURCE OF INCOME

Login to Me Too

robert70
Contributor
Contributor

bidpay.com used to be a good alternative. they dealt soley in money order transactions, the buyers use their credit cards to purchase money orders online and the sellers receive the money order in just a couple days. buyers dont like to use it because it slows things down a bit.

i too have been in the same situation as all of you. it is true that no matter what the sircumstances paypal will always side with the buyer and at no time will they ever decide in the sellers favor. they have a long list of pre plotted exuses,  in my case i sold a cell phone the buyer immediatly sold it under another user name and filed a not as described complaint. mailed me back an entirely different phone about 15 years older and chewed to peices and a different brand, i sent pictures to paypal and even had the esn confirmed thru at&t that the phone was actually registered to the buyer 3 years prior to the transaction, i forwarded the links to the buyers other user name and links to the closed auction with the same phone with the same esn number. after paypal decided in his favor i appealed their decision, and was instructed that they would decide in my favor if i had a police report, i filed the police report and faxed as well as mailed it to them, and they said it wasnt acceptable since it did not say the exact words "police report" on it. the words "loves park police department incedent report" were insufficient. i threatened to sue paypal and they imediatly closed my account. as that was direct abuse of the user agreement. have any of you ever actually read it. it is rediculas it actually says that you can not ever cause any legal action against them or make any threats of it.

but in all fairness. without any buyers there would be no sellers. for every 300 posative transactions i complete i may have 1 or 2 bad ones. thats not bad odds. i do agree with paypal that as far as scammers go there are 500 deceptive sellers for every two deceptive buyers. so who really needs the protection. yes we the sellers are the ones paying their bills but it does come out of the buyers payments. the worst part of it is the negative feedback. its bad enough these people are outright robbing us but to add insult to injury is just wrong. they know they are taking advantage of us but leave the negative feedback anyways. this is because the fight we put up delays their theft process. thats why we get the negative feedback in the end, simply because we held up their precious scam. paypal is not responsible for that nor is ebay but they could atleast recognize that we were wronged and remove the feedback. and in actuality once the funds were returned then in reality the transaction never took place so why cant the feedback be removed??? heres how i got it removed...

this is good advise please read. once my ordeal was over i filed a paymant not received dispute against the fraudulant buyer, technically i never received the payment since it was returned. this actually worked. ebay had to decide in my favor because legally i did not have the payment, because thiere was no payment it had to be handled through ebay and not paypal. once the dispute was decided in my favor ebay removed the feedback from my ratings. i was returned to 100% posative but the comments still remained. i faught a couple more weeks to have the comments removed but they wouldnt budge. but atleast it got the rating removed. and once the comments were washed onto the second page of my feedback then it never haunted me again.

Login to Me Too

evilpay
Contributor
Contributor

Same thing happened to me sorta.  The buyer filed a SNAD and yet I was 100% honest about my item.  I put pre-owned and email her copies of the original receipts and I put copies in the claim.  Paypal sided with the buyer.  What exactly is the point of Ebay having a choice of "no returns" on the listings if Paypal does not honor that.  I think Ebay needs to watch what Paypal is doing a little more closely.  There really is no Seller protection. 

Login to Me Too

jdkjdk
New Community Member

I agree paypal really **bleep**s the sellers. I sold a watch to someone in Spain and they gave him a full refund even though he did not return the watch to me. Paypal **bleep**.

Login to Me Too

OVERSOON
New Community Member

IT'S JUST A MATTER OF TIME BEFORE EBAY AND PAYPAL FALLS, ALTERNATIVES ARE COMMING!

Login to Me Too

Linda6860
Contributor
Contributor

As soon as anotheralternative is available to ebay and paypal, I will be the 1ST to sign up..........

Login to Me Too

deerheart7
New Community Member

I am new to both Ebay and Paypal and I have since learned since I began selling that Ebay owns Paypal. 

I sold my second item on Ebay and made a very big mistake.  I used Ebay's measuring tape to figure out the size of an authentic David Yurman ring and read it wrong and listed it as a size 8.  My buyer took it to a jeweler and was told it was a size 10 and she wants a refund which I understand completely.  I am willing to refund the money but my situation financially stinks... I used the paypal funds to make a payment on some bills and now I do not have the $ in my paypal account or checking account to reimburse the buyer.  I asked her to wait until I sold the item or suggested that she sell it and I would pay her all the Ebay fees that she incurred and if she sold it for more she could keep the $.  She filed a dispute with Ebay and now I am waiting for their decision which I know will be in favor of the buyer as I was in the wrong in the size in my post.  

My question is how does this work with Paypal.  Will they send the buyer the money and charge my bank account?  

I requested Ebay to give me the opportunity to sell the ring and then deduct my account but they have not made a decision yet.  

I feel awful about this and will never list any jewelery item without taking it to a jeweler myself first to get it sized and authenticated, etc.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.