PayPal account compromized

imm
New Community Member

Just opened my online bank statement and saw PayPal charge of  $1049.99 from seller "ISELLMAC". I never dealt with this seller and never ordered anything from them. In the transaction I can see the name of a person in Portland, Oregon who ordered a MacBook 5 days ago ( both names and address listed there). My account is with limited accessibility now and after several attempts to call PayPal (and beeng on hold for about 1 hour) I gave up and send them an e-mail to disput this charge. I never received any e-mails from eBay or PayPal for this transaction. On PayPal website also found a noth that this transaction was reversed on 11/26/09 and never received an e-mail about that.

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

sandypurins
Advisor
Advisor

It sounds like your PayPal, eBay and email accounts have been hijacked. When this happened to me, I never received emails from eBay or from PayPal... the hijacker had changed my email settings to block emails from PayPal and eBay.

I was a victim of a keylogger which transmitted my eBay, PayPal and email login information to the hijacker, and... the hijacker subsequently used my eBay ID to purchase two MAC laptops... $3,000.00+ from my bank account via my hijacked PayPal account.

Use a different computer to change your PayPal, eBay and email passwords. Update your virus program and run a scan of the affected computer. Notify PayPal and eBay that your accounts have been hijacked. Check your email settings and unblock PayPal and eBay emails.

Also, check all your PayPal and eBay information. My hijacker had added his street address and his email address to my PayPal and eBay accounts... I needed to remove and/or correct all that information.

Login to Me Too

sellyourmac
New Community Member

hi, i am "isellmac."  what happened was a fraudulent buyer sent funds from your account.  i immediately agreed to refund the funds to the original owner, you.  so you should see everything is back on your credit card by now.  trust me it had nothing to do with me and i took ever measure to make sure you got your funds back ASAP.  thanks.  please contact me in the future if you need to buy or sell a mac.  thanks

isellapple (at) mac.com

sellyourmac.com

Login to Me Too

temp201809263c
Contributor
Contributor

My (former) PayPal account was hacked into by an eBay buyer who, after waiting 4 days to agree to cancel our sale, managed to persuade someone that a 2-day refund delay warranted a break-in into my account to remove the money "forcefully", digitally speaking.

When I submitted a complaint that an unauthorized third party had stolen my entire balance and run me up $22 in the red, if you can believe that!  Paypal responded alright -- by limiting MY PayPal account, not the account of the  person who admitted in email that he had performed the hack t with PayPal's help.  Apparently this buyer had "special privileges" as a PayPal member, i.e., not even needing to file a claim in the Resolution Center.

Since the Paypal account was" limited", I could not physically (digitally) make changes which I was repeatedly ordered by Paypal  to make. Meanwhile, Paypal was billing me every month for the $22 which the thief ran up on MY tab and wouldn't stop despite many, many emails explaining the situation. Finally, after about 4 months I received a bizarre email that sounded like it had been written by the old Soviet Politburro which admitted that my accounted had been breached by an unauthorized party, but in effect said we really don't care about making things right. Tthe Seller Protection "Guarantee"?  Yeah right.

Even after this my account remained "limited" but I was getting letters from one anonymous PayPal official to make changes to my account or face having my Paypal account  -- the one thart belonged to ME, the guy who was victim of the $130 theft from my Account.  Literally, I got a letter like a countdown "you have only 2 more times to make these changes", then, "You have only one more time" and finally "You have no more time to make the changes so we are locking your account"  And they did, They locked it.  If you were really interested I might be willing to share info to see what a "Locked" Paypal account looks like.  Maybe I'll post a screenshot.  It's gruesome, almost funny, like it practically has weeds growing and tumbleweeds passing through,

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.