PayPal Scam

The-Grasshopper
New Community Member

Hello, I have recently been the target of a scam, and need assistance. So I am selling an Xbox 360 on Ebay and on my post I put my email account which at the time was my email account for paypal, but I have changed it recently. This guy offers me $750 dollars for my item and then with out my permission just sent it to my paypal. I don't actually have the money that he supposable sent and I am not going to send my item to him because its very obvious that he is a scammer. I told him that if he wants it than he should make a bid on ebay and is now threatening me to accuse me as a scammer to paypal for not sending the item to him, but I haven't received any money yet. If he really did send money to me, can't he just take it back? 

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

surplusdealdude
Advisor
Advisor

He does sound like a scammer.

Likely, an actual payment was never made - he just sent you a fake email telling you that he paid.

If you got an email from Paypal that you have money and can't find the payment, forward a copy of the email to spoof@paypal.com and they'll tell you for sure if it's a fake.

Then he can threaten all he wants.

I'd BLOCK HIM from bidding as well using this link;

http://offer.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?BidderBlockLogin

No sense in letting him mess up your auction as well.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.