Pay Pal is holding funds from some ebay sales for 21 days and not others, buyers are mad

akkayakschool

Although new to ebay, we have made sevreal sales in the last month (with good feedback and results), and have been surprised when the funds from some sales are immediately available for withdrawal, while others go into limbo for 21 days. Buyers beleive they have made instant payments and expect items to be shipped quickly, but are shocked when we report their funds are being held. There is no pattern to the holds, not the most expensive, not the most "risky", these were buyers with good ratings. We have read that the hold is for the protection of the buyers, but the buyers are not aware their funds are not available and are confused. Technically, have we received "cleared" payment before the funds are released for withdrawal from PayPal or?? We offer quick shipping (3-7 days, or quicker) but this seems to be a little unwise given that there is no fhyme or reason for holding up funds from one sale and not others. Thanks in advance for the help. akkayakschool.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

tr_right
Contributor
Contributor

"Buyers beleive they have made instant payments and expect items to be shipped quickly, but are shocked when we report their funds are being held."

"We offer quick shipping (3-7 days, or quicker) but this seems to be a little unwise given that there is no fhyme or reason for holding up funds from one sale and not others."

I don't see why you're notifying the buyers that paypal is holding the payment, you will receive the money after feedback is received / after 21 days / OR they determine the item was delivered. 

You shouldn't delay the buyer's shipment, the hold has nothing to do with them.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.