PAYMENT UNDER REVIEW???!?!?!?!?!

bgaris0503
Contributor
Contributor

I sold an item on ebay, the dude payed me, i received emails and notices like i normally did when i sold something telling me i received the guys payment. I checked paypal...and it had the pending balnce in there like it normally did...so i shipped the item and then checked paypal again and it was then UNDER REVIEW...which it was not before... luckily i was able to void the shipment. But i was wondering if i should just cancel the transaction or is there a chance i might actually recewive the money because it all seems very sketchy...thanks

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

sotek11
Contributor
Contributor

It's all part of PayScam's hold policy. Read all the other posts, that's what they are all about. Don't ship until you get your money, cuz you aren't going to get the money for at least 21 days. Better yet, tell the uyer to cancel the payment and send you a money order.

Login to Me Too

bgaris0503
Contributor
Contributor

well on all other things i have sold i was able to get my money from paypal once they left feedback on ebay....but with this guy it seems very suspicious... do u think i would be better off jsut canceling the transaction since i never had this problem before....

Login to Me Too

Tubal
Contributor
Contributor
Most of the reviews pass through without any trouble. they take 24 hours at the most. I've had them clear in 6 hours before. Your buyer doesn't know his payment was put under review.
Login to Me Too

ncwebpros
Contributor
Contributor

Every one of the payments to me goes "under review" and they RARELY take less than 24 hours to clear. I hate it.

Login to Me Too

Amanda411

Hi All,

A Payment Review is not the same as a Payment Hold.

Payment Review is an early warning system designed to help protect sellers from fraudulent payments. It's automatic and you don't have to sign up for it.

If we spot a payment that could be high-risk, we'll send you an email within minutes letting you know that your payment is Pending while we investigate. Payment Review investigations typically take up to 24 hours to complete.

If we decide that the payment is most likely legitimate, we'll let you know by email and/or on the Transaction Details page. We'll ask you to ship the item and you'll be eligible for Seller Protection as long as the transaction follows Seller Protection guidelines.

If we decide that the payment is most likely fraudulent, it will be automatically canceled. <script type="text/javascript"></script>

Amanda

Login to Me Too

bgaris0503
Contributor
Contributor

another question.,......i do my business on ebay. Alot of people have "trouble" reading descriptions of items or do not read them fully. Since paypal will release payments early if the the person leave positive feedback, what happens if a person leave me negative feedback? like alot of people ask some dumb questions when they could easily just read the item description ya know? SO like what happens if they recieve the item i sent them and they leave me negative feedback? will i get my money still? thanks

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.