Need help...

packmansells
New Community Member

Just sold my first item on Ebay. The buyer has requested that I send him my Paypal Account info so that he can send payment. I was under the impression that the invoice would include all the necessary info to complete the transaction. What info do I need to send the buyer?

Thanks for any help..

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

sandypurins
Advisor
Advisor

You are correct... the eBay invoice has all the information the buyer needs. The top of the completed eBay listing also has all the necessary information.

Is the buyer asking for just your PayPal email address, or... is he also asking for your first and last name? If it's the latter, it's likely a scam where the buyer is planning to send you a fake PayPal email saying payment has been sent.

You can avoid falling for such a scam by always logging in to your PayPal account to verify that the payment has been sent.and that the payment is completed.

Login to Me Too

sandypurins
Advisor
Advisor

If the buyer is asking for just your PayPal email address, it could be a legitimate request. Some PayPal members cannot get the eBay checkout to PayPal payment process to work, and... the only solution is to use the PayPal "Send Money" tab to send payment.

The "Send Money" tab requires the buyer to enter the seller's PayPal email address.

Login to Me Too

sluggo61
New Community Member

I need to pay through pay pal.  Please advise why I can't

Login to Me Too

sandypurins
Advisor
Advisor

What error message are you getting?

Have you previously been able to send payments from this PayPal account?

Sandy

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.