Need help! An awful experience with an unexperienced seller

wowyeah007123
Contributor
Contributor

It has been 3 weeks since I paid the first time for my item.

I won and paid for my item on ebay on a weekend, the seller responded to me on the following Monday that his paypal account has a hold and refunded me and let me pay to another account. Then I paid, and asked for the tracking number. However, no response since Friday, as he had only 1 P feedback, I tried to open a dispute, but it went directly to the claim step. The purpose I did this is to reach him as soon as possible, and I will close it when I know my package. Then he got mad due to he did not understand what is a claim. He cancelled the shipping and refunded immediately and indicated that I am fighting against him. I apologized for the claim, explained to him, and he shipped it again on Saturday.

This time, he said he would send me the Tracking # via Paypal note, but I searched everywhere in my paypal account but did not find it, so I asked him to send me the tracking # again via email. But not only he responded very late on the following Friday, but he ignored my request and indicated that the package status on UPS is delivered and signed for. So I asked again for the tracking number, and explained to him that there must be problem of shipment, I need the number to contact UPS. Maybe I will need his help to open a claim to UPS. Then no response again through the weekend, which drove off my mind, and I pushed him about 6 emails through the weekend, 3 of them with aggressive attitude, which I then appologize with a following email. And in each email I requested the tracking number. I know these what I did through the weekend is very bad, that should be my fault. On Monday (which is yesterday)I told him that if I cannot get respond on Friday, I have to open a claim on that to reach you and find my package.

Then guess what? He sent me an email and ignore the tracking number again. What was worse, he sweared at me a lot and offend my personality. He indicated that I have the item and try to play a scam oh him. And he  provoked me to open a claim and he said he has the proof of delivery., which drove me really mad. Although I showed my aggressive attitude, I never sweared at him that much using dirty words, and I know he did all what he could do except giving me the tracking number. But why he always ignore the tracking number request and indicate that I am a bad guy who is against him? And he did not understand what a claim was either.

So I opened a claim immediately. I do not want to fight against him, I just want to know where is the package, and I can still pay him  even if the item is stolen or lost, I believe he did nothing wrong but hard to communicate with at this moment. I would be glad to cancel the claim as soon as I know what was going on with my package, just a simple tracking number.

My question is, if he submitted the shipping information , can I see it in my opened case? With which I can the contact UPS and front desk of my department to get detailed delivery situation. I explained these to him but he just did not listen. And, do you awesome guys have any suggestions that I can better and faster contact the seller?  All these above were due to misunderstanding and lack of communication.

If you have any better suggestions, please let me know.

Thank you very much for your help.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

nobaloney
Contributor
Contributor

If he really sent it to you  in a PayPal note then you'll see it in the details of the transaction. Don't feel bad; you're doing right.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.