Need an API username, password, and signature

markagray
Contributor
Contributor

I'm integrating my PayPal account with Ubercart. The Ubercart module for PayPal Express Checkout is requesting a PayPal API username, passworkd and signature. Today, I can't find on PayPal any any place to get this info. Please help.

Login to Me Too
10 REPLIES 10

skier
Advisor
Advisor

How to retrieve your API Signature information from your PayPal account.

Click the "My Account" tab.
Click "Profile" at the top of the page.
Click the "API Access" link in the Account Information column.
Click the "Request API Credentials" link.
Select "Request API signature."
Click "Agree," and then click "Submit."
Click "Done".
Write down your API username and API password information. Copy the signature and save it to a file or some other location. This is your API signature.

Regards,

skier

Login to Me Too

markagray
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks skier! That worked!

Login to Me Too

starpondtoys
Contributor
Contributor

The instructions do not work for me. After clicking "api access" i am taken to a page with option 1 and option 2. Under option 2 it says " request api credentials" but it is not a link. Below that is a link that says "view api certificate". when I click on that i can see my username and password but no api signature. there is no place to request api signature. i am pulling my hair out over this. Please help, Robert

Login to Me Too

skier
Advisor
Advisor

What type of PayPal Account do you have?   Personal, Premier or Business.

Regards,

skier

Login to Me Too

starpondtoys
Contributor
Contributor

skier,

Thanks for your speedy response. I have gotten my api signature now. I will share how I did it in case others find themselves in the similar situation. It seems that I had requested an ap certificate before. After having done that the option to request an api signature is now no longer available, only the option to view the api certificate that I had in place. I deleted the certificate and started over. Voila! Now the request for an api signature shows up and now I can view it.

Robert

Login to Me Too

newuser
Contributor
Contributor

Is your original certificate still valid?

Login to Me Too

olyma
New Community Member

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!

I deleted the certificate and it let me get a signature!!!!! I am been trying to figure this out for what seems like forever!

🙂

Login to Me Too

DavidKirk
Contributor
Contributor

Skier, You obviously know your API stuff and I'm hoping you can answer a simple question for me. 

I have installed Ubercart on my new (in development) Drupal Web site and I want to integrate it with PayPal Website Payments Standard, which does not  have a monthly fee, as opposed to Website Payments Pro, which has a $30 monthly fee.  As I read the product descriptions on the PayPal site, it seems that both can integrate with Ubercart and that the difference between the products is that the standard version only allows PayPal payments whereas the Pro version offers credit card payments, too.  I requested my API credentials and dutifully put them where needed in my Ubercart configuration.  However, the only payment option I seem to be able to activate is the Pro version. The shopping cart on my Website is really just intended as a convenience for people to download various documents for I charge tiny fees under one dollar.  Since my volume will be very low and my items very inexepnsive, there's no way to justify a monthly fee.  So if it's not possible to integrate with the standard version, I'll won't use Ubercart at all and explore a different solution.  Can you confirm whether or not it's possible to integrate PayPal Standard with Ubercart?  Many thanks!

Login to Me Too

starpondtoys
Contributor
Contributor

DavidKIrk, I also use PayPal Payments Standard and sell downloadable products on my website. I do not know anything about Ubercart, being a user of ZenCart instead. It has been working perfectly with PayPal Standard. You can check it out at: http://starpondtoys.com/store/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=69

Just do not click the final "submit payment" button.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.