Need Something Shipped to an International Address

Mroutrageous
Contributor
Contributor

So I'm a US resident but I'm traveling in Sri-Lanka.  I need a camera item shipped here but paypal won't let me input an international address.  How do you slove this. 

The item is not from ebay and it does ship internationally.  It's from www.lcdvf.com.

Login to Me Too
16 REPLIES 16

GunnersATL
New Community Member

I have exactly the same problem, I am going to the UK from the US this Christmas. I wanted to purchase from UK stores and have the goods delievered to my sister in the UK but paypal won't let me. Additionally, I have a second residence in France although all my banking is US based (I use HSBC international banking).

As an international customer, paypal is becoming less of an option for me - it's a shame, I love paypal.

Login to Me Too

srdalton
New Community Member

Same issue here, want to order gifts for family in the U.K. but Paypal won't allow international gift shipping address. Guess I'll have to stick with Amazon for gifts.  Too bad.  It's not that unusual to buy things gifts for overseas delivery.

Login to Me Too

virgo17258
New Community Member

i wanted to send a friend in ireland a christmas present. but paypal wouldnt let me... so i had another friend over there use his paypal and i just sent him the money through my paypal. this is too complicated, they should really fix it.

Login to Me Too

Mroutrageous
Contributor
Contributor

So I e-mailed paypal and asked them.  This was their reply.

"In adding an address, it must be in the same country of your PayPal
account. To have an item sent to an address in another country, you can
enter the address in the "Note" field on the "Send Money" page and ask
the seller to ship the item(s) to this address."

Pretty lame if you ask me but I tried it nevertheless.  If paypal said it should work, it should work.  I also e-mailed the seller to make sure they will be sending it to Sri-Lanka.  If the seller sends it to the US I may have to start a case with paypal.  At least then they may consider modifying their outdated payment/shipping method.

Login to Me Too

fruitblender
New Community Member

Well, that is no help at all, considering there are many Ebay auctions that will only ship to the listed Paypal address (probably to prevent fraud). What a headache, guess I have to make another Paypal account.

Login to Me Too

Jehle
Contributor
Contributor

Having multiple, international PayPal accounts just to print international postage? That's an interesting and creative way around the problem.  Not having an address in the UK, CA, or Oz is a slight problem. But if the American dollar plummets like it did a couple of years ago, it would be a slight insulator to that.

Still, having an International First Class mailing option seems to be more straightforward and desireable.

I recently tried Stamps.com because they advertise a free service to import eBay sales, and to be able to print postage for International First Class. In my case, it didn't work because I have an HP printer and after a couple of hours of configuration attempts it was not going to work. There was a special place in their help just for HP printers. Interesting, and frustrating.

The only other option for me (without the arduous burden of *going* to the post office) is to order stamps off of USPS.com. That works, but it takes about a week for them to arrive.

I am welcome to hear other alternatives.

Bill

Login to Me Too

branboyce
Contributor
Contributor

Have you or anyone reading this had any experience with international buyers arranging for their own shipping and pick-up by their shipping company. Seems to me that this might qualify as confirmation of shipment to a buyer if you get a receipt from the shipping company at pick-up, and non-delivery would be the buyers responsibility, not the sellers.

Login to Me Too

Just be careful.

Only accept money from Paypal for your own protection.

Some people, lie about wanting to buy something from you.

They'll pay you by check or money order, they will give you extra for their shipping company.

They are going to ask you to send the extra money to an address (shipping company) so the item can be pick up and deliver to them.

In fact, they don't want your item, there is no shipping company.

Money order are fake.

If you ever receive a check or money order, call bank 1st to make sure it is real.

If you ever cash a fake check, big troubles for you beleive me.

If you ever have a case like this, report them to FBI where you live.

Good luck.

Login to Me Too

judelynnh
New Community Member

I am so frustrated with Paypal and their inability to print  first class postage for envelopes shipping internationally.  I also have Stamps and a HP printer and I just can't print labels on their site either.  What is the solution I would like to know.  I am not able to get to the post office to physically mail items and this is costing me time and money.

Help.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.