Need Something Shipped to an International Address

Mroutrageous
Contributor
Contributor

So I'm a US resident but I'm traveling in Sri-Lanka.  I need a camera item shipped here but paypal won't let me input an international address.  How do you slove this. 

The item is not from ebay and it does ship internationally.  It's from www.lcdvf.com.

Login to Me Too
16 REPLIES 16

Same here 😞

Login to Me Too

Denise1
Contributor
Contributor

I'm unable to print shipping labels on Ebay or Paypal:  First Class Mail to my Buyers Internationally.  Why ?  I can only do Priority or Priority Express.  I sell a lot of jewlery and small items, my buyers don't usually need anything over 13 ounces, so I'm trying to help cut some expense for buyer's from another country.  We also have only one vehicle and it is hard for me to wait until my husband gets home from work and find that the post office is now closed.  Is there a reason that I'm unable to print First Class Internationally for my buyers in a different country?  Please help if someone knows the answer to this.  I can't get any answers to this and I noticed on ebay that there is no live help anymore?  I did try to talk to someone from another country about this problem, but she had a hard time understanding me and told me that I really needed to use live help where they have more advanced training to answer specific questions as simply, really as I did.  I felt more sorry for her than I did myself :-?

Login to Me Too

branboyce
Contributor
Contributor

International shipping is risky business. You must provide proof if delivery if a buyer says they never got the item. PayPal policy says proof of shipment means some sort of document that confirms delivery, or confirms with a signature at the point of delivery. Otherwise PayPal will refund the buyer out of your account. This happens a lot. It even happened to a seller who sent a package to a USA address with just delivery confirmation, and because the item was worth more than $250 PayPal refunded the buyer because they require signature confirmation to qualify for seller protection on items above $250.  The first hurdle is to understand PayPal's rules, the second is to ship with the appropriate confirmation document. Internationally, I've been told  that USPS Express Mail International, and UPS Standard meet this requirement, but I have not tested them. These are the only ones I've heard of that will satisfy PayPal. Cost is an issue, but if you want or need protection your buyers must be made to understand why. Go to "Non-delivery of international shipments" in this forum for more information and stories. I would love to ship internationally, to expand my items exposure, but I feel it's still too risky. Many buyers know these rules and take advantage of sellers. That's not to say that some sellers don't take advantage of buyers but that's a different issue.

Login to Me Too

Denise1
Contributor
Contributor

Dear branboyce,

First of all, I want to thank you very much for your quick response and you truly understand what I am saying about international shipping.  You scared me, yet you are so right.  As I was reading your email, I realized everything you said was true about paypal taking money from our accounts etc... and I have had this happen.  I was mad and I thought this could only happen to me and that I must have had 4 heads or something because I was being taken advantage of, but you are right.  I don't even need to see those stories, my stomach is already turning and what I thought was being a friendly neighbor was actually sticking my neck out for trouble.  I now feel in a spin to change things back.  I have almost 400 items and more coming.  My goal is 500 items and now this.  Plus my husband is on my back to do taxes.  I have a surgery in a couple of weeks and can there be an easier way?  I appreciate so much though your email.  Turbo Lister wont allow me to do jewelry changes from there only handcrafted jewelry items, why, that is another good question.  So what is the easiest way to change all of these listngs back?  Thanks Branboyce, I'm so glad you saw my email.  Ebay and Paypal only encourage international sales because it helps them to get sales, but they aren't there for me when they take my money and just give a crook it :-?   Denise

Login to Me Too

branboyce
Contributor
Contributor

You're welcome for the response. I feel your pain. I've learned a lot about the International Issues and made a bunch off posts on that subject, and PayPal decided for me that I should be an advisor. I wish I could help you on the turbo listing and mass changes, but they are beyond my experience. I just list one thing at a time, maybe two or three a day. Perhaps there are other discussion topics that might help you on those. :smileyhappy:

Login to Me Too

Denise1
Contributor
Contributor

Hi branboyce ,

You know I thought you were from paypal, I was just flustered.  Your doing great, it is the second time that I have actually had good advice from paypal, the other one returned my money.  That sure was a switch.  You know what the loss can be and that was good enough for me.  I have decided that as the items end, unfortunately they are all GTC, I will update them as I go.  I also didn't want the hassle of returns, but the way things are with Ebay they will take and return then money to the buyer anyway, so I'm changing the policy to allow them, but for an exchange 14 days to return which is reasonable.  Original costs for New Purchases and any difference.  Also, no refund on damaged or lost items, Insurance is advised on return ship.  That is what seller's deal with, so I figured it would also be fair.  I'm simply an honest seller wanting honest policies.  So little by little I will get there, so I figured I would include my new refund policy.  I hope I'm not sticking my neck out again.  You'd think I could avoid getting into trouble and all I want is to be the best seller I can be.  I really appreciate your help.  Your A+ to me.  If I get a survery, which I probably won't on someone like you.  I will tell them your terrific.  Thanks so much for being there.   Denise

Login to Me Too

saifyounus
Contributor
Contributor
Ich kann nichts mit Paypal bezahlen. Ein Melden ist ''Leider konnten wir Ihre Zahlung nicht abschließen. Ich brauche Hilfe Danke
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.