My buyer disputed a transaction after few weeks ~ intangible goods.

Jemil
Contributor
Contributor

So my buyer has filed a Non-receipt claim on the "intangible goods" I've sold him last Dec. 15 and has escalated the dispute to a claim and I need to respond within 10 days but I cannot provide a tracking number, etc, and I won't refund him as I've already gave him the virtual goods he paid for. I just think the buyer has more protection in this and I don't know what to do, I'm on negative balance right now.

Thanks.

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

rosiebud320
New Community Member

The same thing just happened to me.  I sold an acct. weeks ago, the buyer changed the password and recovery questions then tried to say I took the acct. back.  These companies dont even pay you until they can change all the information on the acct. and it takes effect.  I have bought accts in the past and the company has taken the acct. back and paypal says they wont help me because its a virtual item.  If paypal gives the chinese company their money back then I am going to sue paypal as I have been scammed so many times for virtual items and paypal says cant help you.  Paypal's policies help scammers.  As soon as this claim is finished I am finished with Paypal and wont ever use them again.  No protection for me.

Login to Me Too

arudb
Well I am a buyer of virtual goods and I can say without a doubt that the seller has more power in these type of transactions. The burden of proof, according to Paypal, is on the buyer. Even so, unless the seller specifically responds that they did not deliver the item, then that is the only way for a buyer to get a refund. If the seller doesn't even respond, Paypal does nothing. As sellers of virtual goods who plan to continue to use Paypal, you all should come up with some way to protect both the buyer and the seller or not use Paypal, because this is just a ripoff waiting to happen.
Login to Me Too

surplusdealdude
Advisor
Advisor

Buyers are not covered for intangible goods under the Buyer protection plan.

Stick that in the dispute along with a statement that the items were delivered as promised.

Tell the buyer to check his spam filters - that's probably where it got stuck.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.