Monthly Payment Plan - Automatic Billing

FCPS
New Community Member

Hi everyone,  I am trying to set up a payment schedule so clients can pay for my resume, KSA and interview services using six (6) monthly payments.  I currently have used the pulldown menu to allow them to pay first and second payments of a 2-payment plan.  I want to extend the payments to 6 to help lower their costs, but want a means to automatically charge them for each of the remaining 5 payments once they make the first.  I dont want to forget or not have them auto pay the first of each month... Anyone done this before please?

Rich S.

Federal Career Placement Services LC

Placing Clients into Government Service

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

skier
Advisor
Advisor

You could use Website Payments Standard Subscription Service.  The item button code can be created online using the Online Button Creator from within your Account. 

This service is managed/maintained by PayPal and "requires" the customer to have a PayPal Account. When the customer makes a Subscription purchase, he or she is redirected to PayPal. Once on the PayPal Screens the customer can either sign into their PayPal account, or they would pay with their credit card and during the process, create a PayPal account.

If you don't want your customers to have a PayPal Account then you need to use Website Payments Pro and it's Recurring Payments Feature.  Note, Pro does cost $30 a month.

Recurring Payments is an automatic billing service you manage and maintain via your web site by using an application programming interface or API and requires a server-side programming using .NET, PHP, Java, etc. The Recurring Payments API is not the same as Subscriptions and Recurring Billing available for Website Payments Standard, or the Recurring Billing available for PayFlow Link or PayFlow Pro. When the customer makes a Recurring Payment purchase, he or she can pay with a credit card but, is not redirected to PayPal. The customer does not leave your web site where as you are passing the customer's credit card info to PayPal for authorization. Therefore you are controlling the customer experience. You can also offer the customer the option to pay with their PayPal Account if they so desire through the use of Express Checkout. Note, using Website Payments Pro, you will also be required to meet current Payment Card Industry or PCI compliance standards. Payment Card Industry Data Security Standards (PCI DSS) are network security and business practice guidelines adopted by Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover Card, and JCB to establish a "minimum security standard" to protect customer’s payment card information. This is a requirement for all merchants that store, transmit, or process payment card information. Pro is currently only available to US, UK and Canadian Accounts.

Regards,

skier

Login to Me Too

kjamesb
New Community Member

This solves 90% of my needs.  However I need to ask ONE question of my subscribers, and have the answer added to the payment report.  Can I do that with this product?

Login to Me Too

skier
Advisor
Advisor

Depending your coding abilities, with Pro you can do most anything you want to do.

If you're using Standard, you can use the option variables, i.e., ono, oso, to collect and pass the info to the PayPal Screens.  There are some examples here that demonstrate how this can be done.

Regards,

skier

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.