Mass Payment payment statuses

mdavidborden
Contributor
Contributor

I am going to start using the Mass Payment feature, but I can't find information on the different statuses that are returened after submitting the payment.  I uploaded a test file with some email addresses that I knew were not Paypal addresses and I was hoping they would get bounced, but they came back as unclaimed.  What is the difference between denied and unclaimed? 

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

skier
Advisor
Advisor

* An unclaimed payment is one that is sent to an email address that is not registered.  If the transaction remains unclaimed for 30 days, it will be returned to the sender.

* A denied payment means your funds were not sent and the Mass Payment was not initiated. This may have been caused by lack of funds on your end.

* Processing means you have requested a mass payment and the disbursements are in the process of completion.

* Processed means that your Mass Payment has been processed and all payments have been sent out.

* Completed means that all of your payments have been claimed, or, after a period of 30 days, unclaimed payments have been returned to you.

Regards,

skier

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4
Solved

skier
Advisor
Advisor

* An unclaimed payment is one that is sent to an email address that is not registered.  If the transaction remains unclaimed for 30 days, it will be returned to the sender.

* A denied payment means your funds were not sent and the Mass Payment was not initiated. This may have been caused by lack of funds on your end.

* Processing means you have requested a mass payment and the disbursements are in the process of completion.

* Processed means that your Mass Payment has been processed and all payments have been sent out.

* Completed means that all of your payments have been claimed, or, after a period of 30 days, unclaimed payments have been returned to you.

Regards,

skier

Login to Me Too

mdavidborden
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks Skier...that was helpful.  I think I have a much better handle on the statuses and timeline.

Login to Me Too

Ilkay
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you

Login to Me Too

Adamkaye
Contributor
Contributor

What happens to the fees paid to paypal when a payment is returned after 30 days for not being claimed?  I dont believe that I am getting my fees bacll

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.