Mandatory delivery confirmation fee

Babel

How about PP enabling an opt out for delivery confirmation on USPS. No the fee is not hidden, but there is no way to opt out of the charge. I don't need it for my item, but I still have to pay it. Won't be using PP for printing labels! And all that advertisement about it being free, just another way to take a bite out of the seller already working on thin margins. I will give them this, it is not a hidden fee as advertised, just mandatory and probably easily overlooked by most sellers. I hate getting nickel and dimed to death, and PayPal and eBay are very good at it. Seller beware!

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

queenofantiques
Contributor
Contributor

Agree... there should be an opt out.  Often on small items this is the most expensive CHARGE as a percent of the total sale.   Any one have a better solution for printing postage for small items... I'm ready to switch in a heart beat.

The fed exp online system is too expensive for items under 10 pounds.. STAMPS.COM is not flexible, hard to do business with, and takes forever for a refund. 

Any ideas on who to use? 

The Queen

Login to Me Too

skier
Advisor
Advisor

Delivery Confirmation is free when you print Priority Mail postage online.   Else, it's an additional $.70.

Regards,

skier

Login to Me Too

treasureit
Contributor
Contributor

I was just told by the post office that I wasn't supposed to have a delivery confirmation on an envelope I was sending becuase it wasn't more than 3/4" thick. They said if I left it there they wouldadd "postage due" to the buyer for priority rate. I explained that Paypal doesn't allow for an opt out of the delivery confirmation. So she said I had to black it out even though I paid for it. 

I was told to add some bubble wrap or something to make it thicker so it could pass the 3/4" rule.

Now can Paypal fix that one too...please

Login to Me Too

danhieux
Contributor
Contributor

I wouldn't mind the delivery conf fee if eBay added it in for the customer. But geez on a 5 dollar item I am already getting ripped off! Not sure why I even bother other than I hate seeing stuff go to the recycle bin instead of being used by someone.

Login to Me Too

stingray
New Community Member

Paypal makes you pay 19 cents for the delivery confirmation fee, though the post office supplies that information for free.  It's just another way for Paypal to squeeze out some more money from sellers.  I try to use the USPS for priority mail because they throw me a 5% discount.  On large packages over 5 pounds I use Fed Ex Ground.  It is about 20-25% cheaper than UPS and they give me an 8% discount just for asking for it.  They are just as reliable as UPS.  Since ebay only has UPS for calculating postage, I usually wind up with about $3-5 more in my pocket due to the difference between the posted UPS price and the actual Fed EX Ground price.  Something to think about.

Login to Me Too

pebbles
Contributor
Contributor

I think Ebay & PayPal's so-called " The Buyer Protection " should only apply to any buyer pays extra $ for delivery confirmation otherwise no seller obligates to it.

In the past,I was the buyer and no Ebay auction mercahndise have never arrived.The only problem that I had back then ( 2002-2003 ) was some sellers purposely sold and shipped " junk " or " defective " items to me.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.