Long Time Between Money Removed From Checking and Showing in PayPal Balance

UYPC
New Community Member

When I transfer money from my checking to my PayPal account the money always shows as having transfered from my checking account days before it shows as completed in PayPal. Why Is That? I mean, as far as I'm concerned, when the money shows as already transfered out of my checking account it should show as completed (availible) in my PayPal account the same day/time, shouldn't it?

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

Frenchy
Contributor
Contributor

when you go to the transfer funds screen it clearly states it takes 1-4 business days for the transfer to take place. this is whether it is going from paypal to checking, or from checking to paypal. it's been that way for as long as i can remember. it is annoying when you want to get funds INTO your paypal account. but to get around getting the funds OUT of your paypal account i'd get the paypal debit card, it's free and you can use it just like your banks visa/cc check card...debit or cc. it's mastercard. and you get cash back if you use it as CC. and you can have immediate access to money put into your paypal account (like if you're a seller) rather than wait to transfer them to your bank account.

Login to Me Too

imrerun
Contributor
Contributor

I have sent emails to pay pal asking the same thing.I was using my paypal card every week to do all of my gas and grocery shopping and such.I realize that paypal is making a transaction feee from every merchant where I use my card besides making money off my money in my account.I was spending alot of money every month through the card so I know they were making alot of money.

I got no answer from pay pal.They just do no seem to care so I now say **bleep** it.I will just lower my balance to a minumim amount and stop using their check card to do all my shopping from now on.I will only keep enough in there to make small ebay purchases.It was taking the same 3 to 4 days to credit even though it was deducted from my bank account right away.They are absolutely using our money to make money while they hold it that long.

I guess when you get as big as they are now they just do not care about the little people with individual accounts so I will just take and use my money elsewhere and let my other financial institutions make money off me.

This will also probably keep my from using ebay as much in the future since a more expensive item would not be possible to purcahse if I do not have enough money in paypal to cover it.I will just have to use amazon and other online places to buy from more now.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.