Local pick up only coverage?

ashleylynn
Contributor
Contributor

I recently sold a twin size bedroom set. Which cannot be shipped. After reading up on seller coverage and chargebacks I am VERY nervous. I had planned on printing two copies of the paid invoice and having both of us sign it with pick up date and time. Would this cover me in the event the buyer tries to scam me?

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

skier
Advisor
Advisor

Unfortunately not.

Regards,

skier

Login to Me Too

ashleylynn
Contributor
Contributor

I had another idea as well.

Woud I be covered if I used a Bill of sale for personal property "sold as is"  (state issued form) acknowledging payment via paypal (tranaction id etc) stating bill of sale effective upon transfer (pick up date) ....all other legal verbage....signed by both parties and a witness?

I would think someone would be crazy to try and file a claim if I have a legal bill of sale in hand.

Thoughts?

Even if they were to attempt it... at least I could file suit against them in our state legally.

I tried to contact paypal via email... and I got a form email back.. I was quite insulted. I can read. But NOWHERE on paypal does it cover my question about using a bill of sale and a witness to verify pick up. My question was direct.

(still steaming)

Login to Me Too

skier
Advisor
Advisor

No disrepect but, you need to really read the User Agreement.

Regards,

skier

Login to Me Too

ashleylynn
Contributor
Contributor

I did...all of it thanks.

"does not cover delivery"

Paypal must offer "protection"

yes, I did read all of that.

I will just void the sale, and require cash upon pick up as well as signed bill of sale for my next buyer.

If I cannot get paypal to back a legitimate sale with documentation, I will not risk it, it's just too bad, I lost a sale because my buyer wanted to use her credit card. (which I understand, not everyone has a ton of extra cash these days)

I have to protect myself, I cannot afford a dispute or chargeback, in the event this person is dishonest.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.