Linking my Ebay to Pay Pal say my Ebay User is already Registered to another PayPal account.

4PlayMotorsport
Contributor
Contributor

Help,

My wife and I have combined our PayPal account.  I am selling items on ebay and tried to link PayPal to Ebay with new account.  PayPal is telling me that my Ebay User ID is already in use by another account.  How do I cancel that connection between my old PayPal account and Ebay when I do not have the old PayPal account active?  Simply said how do I cancel my Ebay User name with PayPal so that I can Use it with my new PayPal account?  Does this make sense?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

4PlayMotorsport
Contributor
Contributor

Robot Happy

I was able to solve the problem.  I called PayPal @ 1 402 935 2050 and used their automated system with little help.  But, it did give me the option of AGENT and I was re-directed to the Philippines.  There I was able to speak to a PayPal representative.  The AGENT was able to cancel my old PayPal User ID over the phone.  Now I have logged on with my new account and linked my Ebay User ID. 

My main problem was that my old PayPal account email was no longer active and I couldn't remember what password I had used.  I was verifying the account with the email but when I tried to have PayPal verify the account it would send me a email with the password to an email account that no longer existed. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.