Is there anyway to pay using my paypal balance when I already have a pending eCheck payment?

Twobee
Contributor
Contributor

I had purchased something from a seller on Ebay who accepts paypal but seems to only accept echecks. I was hoping to not have to wait until the 14th for the payment to clear my bank. I have added enough funds onto my paypal account online to cover the amount of the purchase. With the echeck payment already pending now... Is there any way to fund the echeck purchase with this balance and avoid having to wait all that time for the echeck to clear?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sandypurins
Advisor
Advisor

@Twobee wrote:

With the echeck payment already pending now... Is there any way to fund the echeck purchase with this balance and avoid having to wait all that time for the echeck to clear?

You cannot change the funding source for the eCheck payment. A possible solution... the seller can "Cancel" or "Refund" the eCheck payment and you can then send the instant PayPal balance funded payment.

If the seller cancels or refunds your eCheck payment, the funds will be removed from your bank account and deposited in your PayPal account.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

profdata
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Ebay sellers taking Paypal must accept all forms of paypal payments - e-checks and credit cards.

Sounds like your seller has a personal paypal accounts and has to upgrade to take cc funded payments

Login to Me Too
Solved

sandypurins
Advisor
Advisor

@Twobee wrote:

With the echeck payment already pending now... Is there any way to fund the echeck purchase with this balance and avoid having to wait all that time for the echeck to clear?

You cannot change the funding source for the eCheck payment. A possible solution... the seller can "Cancel" or "Refund" the eCheck payment and you can then send the instant PayPal balance funded payment.

If the seller cancels or refunds your eCheck payment, the funds will be removed from your bank account and deposited in your PayPal account.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.