Is the 45 day dispute limitation upheld if the vendor says the item paid for is on back order?

dbamed
Contributor
Contributor

I ordered a present from a vendor, paid with paypal.  Now the vendor says the item has been backordered, but what if they never get the merchandise (already paid for) and it is AFTER the 45 day limit for disputes?

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

PayPal_Jason
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi dbamed-

The process has to be INITIATED within the 45 day window, not resolved.  If you have not received merchandise or a refund within the 45 day window, if you are going to dispute the transaction, that process must be started even if you're told the item is on backorder.

Disputes filed after 45 days may be investigated, but you will not be protected in terms of attempts to recover your funds.  We need to begin our own process to help dispute the transaction on your behalf, which is why that timeframe to initiate the claim is required.

Also, closed claims can't be reopened, so do not close the claim until you feel the matter is resolved to your satisfaction (having your money back or your item in hand).  You can review the dispute process through a tutorial in the Resolution Center link on your account, which will also explain the relevant timeframes and the difference between a dispute and a claim.

Thanks,

Jason

Login to Me Too

profdata
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

If its past the 45 day deadline to to file with paypal...then contact your cc company and file a chargeback.... you did fund the Paypal payment with a credit card or branded debit card.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.