Invoicing for large amounts of money ???

KStokes77
New Community Member

I sold a car and the buyer and I agreed to use PayPal to handle the money transfer. The car price is over $20,000. and every time I fill out a money request or an invoice it kicks back with that is over the $10,000. limit.

HELP !!!!

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

skier
Advisor
Advisor

Unfortunately what you have in mind is not possible with just one Invoice.

By law, PayPal is limited to $10,000.00 USD or it's foreign equivalent per transaction.

The maximum dollar amount for a single transaction is $10,000 for a PayPal member. To make a payment more than $10,000, multiple transactions can be sent to add up to the total amount. The maximum charge limit is dependent on the availability on the credit card after the account is Verified

Buyers who do not have a PayPal account may send a maximum of $4,000.00 USD or the equivalent thereof, for a one-time single transaction. Note: If the amount of your transaction is greater than $4,000.00 USD or the equivalent thereof, you will need to sign up for a PayPal account to complete your payment.

Regards,

skier

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

skier
Advisor
Advisor

Unfortunately what you have in mind is not possible with just one Invoice.

By law, PayPal is limited to $10,000.00 USD or it's foreign equivalent per transaction.

The maximum dollar amount for a single transaction is $10,000 for a PayPal member. To make a payment more than $10,000, multiple transactions can be sent to add up to the total amount. The maximum charge limit is dependent on the availability on the credit card after the account is Verified

Buyers who do not have a PayPal account may send a maximum of $4,000.00 USD or the equivalent thereof, for a one-time single transaction. Note: If the amount of your transaction is greater than $4,000.00 USD or the equivalent thereof, you will need to sign up for a PayPal account to complete your payment.

Regards,

skier

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.