Instant Transfer not available to use?!

Penoozer
Contributor
Contributor

I am trying to pay for three different eBay auctions, and none of them let me use the Instant Transfer from my Bank Account.  I keep getting a message saying "Credit Card or e-Check only" and the Instant Transfer button is greyed out.  I have never seen this in 8+ years on eBay.  Is this is a system glitch?  Thanks!

Login to Me Too
13 REPLIES 13

EXKonen5
Contributor
Contributor

I'm assuming that you have a bank account and a credit card on your account.  Both of these need to be confirmed sources.  That might help.

Login to Me Too

Penoozer
Contributor
Contributor

Of course they are confirmed...Like I said I've been doing this for 8 years now with no problems until now. AyPal is just up to something and it **bleep**.

Login to Me Too

Amanda411

Hi Penoozer,

In order to send an Instant Transfer

• You must register both a credit card and a confirmed bank account
  • Your PayPal balance must be less than the amount of money you wish to send
  •  

The credit card must not be expired. Have you verified the expiration date?

Also, as stated in the User Agreement, in order to manage risk, PayPal may limit the Payment Methods available for a transaction.

Amanda

Login to Me Too

Helstar588
    New Community Member

So is there any other way to do an instant transfer?

Login to Me Too

sodpa
    Contributor
    Contributor

I'm having the same problem. For years when needed funds were automatically transfered from my verified bank account. Now they are not! Has there been a change in policy? Any ideas?

I went in and did a transfer manually. But with the 3 to 5 day wait things are going unpaid. Never happened before.

Login to Me Too

sandypurins
    Advisor
    Advisor

Check to make sure that PayPal has your credit or debit card's correct expiration date... login to your PayPal account, click on the "Profile" tab and click on the "Credit/Debit Cards" link.

If the expiration date is not correct, click on the "Edit" link to enter the correct expiration date.

Bank account funded payments are processed instantly if you have a credit/debit card backup funding source. PayPal essentially floats the seller a "loan" in anticipation of the funds clearing your bank account at a later date.

If PayPal doesn't have the correct expiration date for your credit/debit card, your bank account funded payments no longer have a backup funding source and will be processed as echecks which take 3-5 business days to clear.

Login to Me Too

sodpa
    Contributor
    Contributor

I have always only had my checking account. No credit card. Nothing has changed there as far as I'm concerned. They must have changed the rules.

Login to Me Too

Penoozer
    Contributor
    Contributor

Sodpa ~ pay no attention to any "advice" given by Sandy Purins.  She is a known PayPal employee with tens of thousands of posts on the eBay message board as well: Always blaming us for PayPal's problems.

I also never changed my checking account info and had up-to-date credit card expiration dates in my PayPal account, yet I was never able to pay for that transaction with Instant Transfer (I had to use a credit card even though I did not want to).

It has not happened to me since, luckily, but PayPal to this day has never given me any reason why Instant Transfer did not work. 

Login to Me Too

sandypurins
    Advisor
    Advisor

@Penoozer wrote:

I also never changed my checking account info and had up-to-date credit card expiration dates in my PayPal account, yet I was never able to pay for that transaction with Instant Transfer (I had to use a credit card even though I did not want to).

It has not happened to me since, luckily, but PayPal to this day has never given me any reason why Instant Transfer did not work. 

Amanda posted on 01-06-2010 07:36 AM the following information...

"Also, as stated in the User Agreement, in order to manage risk, PayPal may limit the Payment Methods available for a transaction."

If PayPal limits the payment methods (funding source) for a specific transaction, PayPal will inform you that they are limiting the payment methods. That limitation is not due to changing your checking account information or needing to update your credit card expiration date.

Here is a screen shot of what a buyer will see when PayPal limits the payment methods for a particular payment...

Here is the screen shot of what the buyer will see if the buyer clicks on the "Learn More" link...

When a buyer encounters this particular limitation, the buyer can select eCheck as the funding source if the buyer wishes to pay using a bank account funded payment.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.