Increased 1st class postal rates?

GreyHoundHollow
Contributor
Contributor

First class postal fees are higher on Paypal then at the post office. Paypal responded that they down load directly from usps without additional fees. Has anyone else had this experience? example 7oz - post office $1.90; Paypal $2.24, plus .19 electronic confimation)

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

4_sale_2010
New Community Member

Yes I am having trouble understanding why Paypal charges $4.21 more than the USPS online site.  After reading several complaints in this forum, I'll just go the post office, it's cheaper and has more integrity in its system.

Login to Me Too

HatCheckGirl
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

Why go to all the trouble of going to the post office when you can still do it online with USPS? I am having the same problem with Priority Mail, but I just open the Paypal shipping and cut and paste the address to the www.USPS.com shipping site. They have a CLICK and SHIP feature that saves your return address, and the buyer's also in an address book- always nice for a quick reference, and you don't have to open each buyer's transaction one at a time. 

PayPal was charging me $4.80 for their 7 by 7 by 6 Priority boxes since the last Postal increase. Then on Jan 4th it went up to $5.05, and the very next day it went to $5.44, and is holding there as I check as I mail.  So I am sticking with www.USPS.com till they resolve it.  It is a few more clicks, but seriously, PayPal is overcharging....and I get the same service.  And you can Pay with your PayPal card....

Login to Me Too

GreyHoundHollow
Contributor
Contributor

Is there a fix for those of us that use 1st class mail, as click 'n' ship is priority?

Login to Me Too

kmazziotta
Contributor
Contributor

PayPal does not offer USPS first class letter or large envelope rates.  The rates you are getting from the post office is the "First Class - Large Envelope" rate.  PayPal is charging the "First Class - Package" rate.  I have no idea why PayPal is not allowing the letter and large envelope rates?  Anybody know the logic behind this? 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.