Incorrectly reported two users, now EBay wont resolve it

JohnMazz
New Community Member

I bought a memory card in January. A few weeks later, it didn't come, I tried to track down the original purchase, but the auction had been removed, and the user had been deleted or something. It was all very weird, so I reported it to the resolution center and bought another memory card.

Wouldn't you know, a few weeks later, the same thing happened! The item never showed, and the seller and auction had been removed, so I reported that too. Both items were sent by China Post, and the tracking numbers that I had been emailed from the seller were apparently invalid.

A few weeks later still, both resolution center items were decided on in my favor and I got my money back.

Imagine my surprise when BOTH memory cards showed up more than a month later! I decided I should report that it wasn't a scam after all, and that any action that was taken should be un-done (including me returning the money I got back).

The next day I got an email saying "Please know we considered all the available case information first. The decision is final and won't be changed." They (say that they) considered all of the information, but they are not reverting the decision? It was very cut and dry, the items never showed up, but then they did. I have them now, so the original seller should not have been penalized, and I want to return the money that I got back from the original resolution center.

Is there any way I can get a fair review of this case so we can all do what's right, and that poor Chinese seller (who's only apparent fault was relying on China Post, something I doubt he has a say in) should get any action taken against him/his account reverted.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

surplusdealdude
Advisor
Advisor

It's a moot point, since ebay has apparently banned him.

Let it go - there are bigger battles to fight.

Login to Me Too

surplusdealdude
Advisor
Advisor

Just so you know, ebay didn't ban him because of your reports - it would have been that the information he provided about his account didn't check out.

Happens all the time.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.