IPN to Access db and Sandbox issues

RLM
Contributor
Contributor

Been trying to get IPN posting to db working, and have done so but it is inconsistently working in sandbox and when does in sandbox, fails  (or paritally so) in production env.

Admittedly, ASP VBScript is on my side, but don't understand why I can get it to work i sandbox several iterations, then it fails in production, and fails in sandbox again without changes between.

Noted one issue in sandbox and wondering if it is my or it.  I wanted to use some fields not visible on form for IPN Web Accept trans (ie Invoice), so expanded for and filled in then submitted. Data came across. If I repeated the transaction, but did not expand the form prior to submit, the 'hidden' fields were not sent in string. But I could immediately go back expand the form and the values would be present.  Is that just me?

Also, using PayPalTech script for IPN to Access as starting point but am creating entries in two tables not just one. The script uses recordset method.  I wanted to use connection method to execute SQL to Insert record into table but have not been able to get past parameter issues. Anyone look at this method (which should improve performance due to reduced overhead)?

Also having issue where one table will work and other being done in same transaction process does not, with errors like (Update or CancelUpdate without AddNew or Edit) when code clearly shows addnew followed by setting values via Recordset, then Update.

Thoughts anyone?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

RLM
Contributor
Contributor

Process in Sandbox is consistently working now.  Creating data in both Payments and ItemDetail records in the database in the Sandbox. Several iterations via IPN simulator work just fine.

Switching over to the Live environment, IPN generates the Payment data record but fails when attempting to create the ItemDetail. Consistently.  Code is VBSript in ASP and process is via recordset per the example from PayPal Tech. The AddNew process executes without error. The script then populates the recordset fields from the saved variables.  The next function is to Update the record just added, and that fails with the error noted in initial post.

Anyone have ideas on where failure might come?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.