I paid my credit card bill on Friday, the 27th, online. Is it going to be paid by Monday, the 30th?

FrustratedFrust
Contributor
Contributor

My payment is due on Monday, and I finally got my bank account set up to pay them. I had to give them logon info to do it. After they allowed it in the drop-down box, I changed my bank password.  I used it my bank account to pay successfully last month. They are nuts to disallow people to pay them on time as a surprise!!!!!!!!!! Now, after I click on this little plus mark (they make it hard to find), they say they won't process it till Dec. 3rd or 4th.

I will have to use federal express overnight not to have them make it late. But then, I read that it will take them four or five days AFTER they get the overnight. I thought Citibank got sued successfully for this years ago. If anyone wants to join me in looking for a class action lawsuit, my email is skdooley1yahoo.com. Let's figure out how to not let them get away with this.

And to think that they have prompted people to give up paper statements.  This is a RIPOFF!!!!!! I am going to write the State's Attorneys office, here. Maybe they can help somehow. If not, I think we should all start a class action lawsuit. This is just plain wrong.

They let me set up the banking info, and said that I would not have to wait for the little deposits (because I gave them my logon and security questions (temporarily), but there is still this ominous box saying that I still have to do that? What the """"am I supposed to believe?

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

brotherspid
Contributor
Contributor

My opinion is people didn't wait till the last minute to pay their bills this wouldnt be an issue. You can go online at anytime and schedule a payment but people seem to have a bad habit of waiting till the due date or the day before the due date and then when the bank needs to run its normal routine its all of a sudden the banks fault instead of the consumer that procrastinated. Any person with an iota of common sense would know that all banks are crooked anyway so why fuel their fires. My belief, if you get a fee its because you were blind enough to toss the terms aside and use the card with the thought that wow this bank is nice they gave me credit. Using a card without reading the terms and conditions is like starting a new job and sleeping during the initial training weeks. You may be able to jump on in and figure out whats going on but there will always be that one all important lesson that will come back and to haunt you when your manager asks you to do a special project.

Login to Me Too

littlebearsden
Contributor
Contributor

The paypal credit card posted one payment a day late and charged me $39 for a late fee. I called twice and they refused to correct it. Now I get my bill and because they posted one payment one day late one time they are now charging me 26.99% interest on the account. I am clancelling the card and paying it off and will never use paypal credit ever again.

Login to Me Too

FrustratedFrust
Contributor
Contributor

In this case, I WAS able to pay the month before with no problem, but my bank information DISAPPEARED. Therefore, I have had to go through a brand new waiting period which did not exist the month before. Otherwise, I would have been looking for it. We should not have to pay extra for a system problem that lasted more than 24 hours.

I have not had a credit card or mortgage company, ever, refuse to let me pay within two business days using bank-by-phone, for an additional fee, and that went in by the next day (more for rare occasions). This was not like anything I have ever seen before. I am going back to paper statements, and maybe even certified checks. I do not trust Paypal.

They even show inconsistent information on their screens, and there is no information about the date and time that you must pay by in order for your account to actually be credited. When you go to click on the date, you can even click on dates that have already passed.  My account screens show that the account was credited and paid in one place, and then shows that the bank account did not work in another. Hmmm....

Login to Me Too

street42
Contributor
Contributor

The general run of people could never ever understand all the fine print and if job training was similar there would be a lot of sleeping during the training, I say keep it simple.

Login to Me Too

mws_1984
Contributor
Contributor

I get stuck like that alot too. Have big CC bills and then it's like **bleep** is it gonna make it in time. I have to transfer money so I can have the check sent out. Had a few big bills the past few months after getting married and then rent so it's like I'm not saving anything lately. They always are out to **bleep** you. I don't get the whole having a bill due on a holiday. What if someone gets it out in time but it doesnt get there til after the holiday. I doubt they give any leeway considering the holiday. Always seems like the important stuff gets held up but stuff like holiday cards flies thru the mail!

I'd say possibly your bill will be paid. All depends on what happens.

Login to Me Too

PaiFiend
Contributor
Contributor

You must report PayPal to the Federal Trade Commission AND your state's Attorney General.  My very first bill arrived late because PayPal had its head up its @$$.  If I didn't call them, I'd never have received a bill.  Anyway, the bill arrived on February 6, 2010.  I placed payment (by personal check) in the mail on Feb. 7th.  The total bill (which I paid in full) was under $200.  Today, I received another bill.  They acknowledged receipt of my payment, but slapped on a $39.99 late fee because it was allegedly late.  I KNOW PayPal intentionally sends out bills late in order to trap customers into a 'late payment fee' situation.  We all know this is illegal.  Also, charging a late fee of 20% is a violation of usury laws.  Everyone in this situation MUST report PayPal to all pertinent authorities.  I hope they get slapped with a massive fine (and hopefully, be shut-down, forever). 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.