I never did that!!!

angie0518

Hello, I am new on Paypal and this is my problem.  I recentlly purchased 3 items, All of which went threw succesfully. Great Seller!! (we are talking all items under $3) Then I purchased 4 more items, Two of which I have had to retract my bid and hope the seller did not get mad at me. So now I have these two winning items that are causing me grief.  I won a pair of earrings and a necklace, for like $4 and $3. The money was deducted from my paypal account and sent to the seller, the seller then marked one of my items as shipped.  Then I needed to verify my account which I did, and now all is well there. All the sudden, paypal decided to open a dispute against the seller for whatever reason, I never opened it, so I am assuming they did, and the funds are now being held, and the buyer is not gonna send the items, and it says it requires my action. I have tried everything to fix this including telling the sellers I was not the one who opened these disputes. I have sent two emails and had plenty of visits to the computer rep. It has been like  a week and I dont have my money back, dont have the items I purchased, and my account still says it is under review, and awaiting my actions. THis is not a great first time experiance on EBAY. There are plenty of funds in my account. P.s. What is a chargeback. ?I am so frusterated. Smiley Sad

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

tr_right
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, sorry your 1st experience w/eBay is going bad.   I'd love to help, but I'd like to understand the problem more.

What exactly did you do to cancel the two items you bid on (but didn't want)?

Did you pay the seller for those two items you didn't want before deciding to cancel them?

What reason is listed for opening a case? You can click on the case, and it will say something like "You haven't received this item" or "You want to cancel this transaction". Please post what's listed under 'Problem' so we have a better understanding of the case, it would make it easier to help you. 

Login to Me Too

kkootenay
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

All the sudden, paypal decided to open a dispute against the seller for whatever reason, I never opened it, so I am assuming they did, and the funds are now being held, and the buyer is not gonna send the items, and it says it requires my action

There is no dispute.

Your payment is being held by PP because the item is in a high-fraud category or the seller has a poor track record.

Your payment will be held for 21 days if you make no complaint.

OR

Your payment will be released when you have received and inspected your purchase, and left positive feedback indicating your satisfaction

OR

Your payment will be released when the seller can show that the item has been delivered (not shipped) to you.

You have done nothing wrong. The seller is misleading you.

File a NonPerformingSeller dispute with eBay. Your money will be refunded. Don't buy from this guy again.

You have 45 days from your payment to start aDispute.

You have 60 days to leave feedback. The most effective FB is calm and factual.

You will also be allowed to leave Detailed Seller Ratings. Remember that a 5 is normal or excellent. A ONE is the lowest mark. Leaving no DSRs is a free pass for a sketchey seller.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.