I need help resolving an issue did i get scamed????

mvntravel2010
New Community Member

I've been trying to contact pay pal via the costomer service number and everytime i called them I get a message saying that I dialed the wrong number. What I am calling about is that I had an item up for sell on ebay. I sent it to them and I recieved a message saying that my item was not as described and the buyer was asking for a refund and inturn would send my book back. Payment was pending in my paypal account and I wasn't sure how to refund them. An important note is that they said they'd give me my book back. They haven't sent the book back and now they have thier money refunded? How dose this protect me the seller from this type of situation????? 

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

Amanda411

Hi mvntravel2010,

Welcome! Did the buyer file a claim with PayPal? Have you checked the Resolution Center to see the status of the claim?

If the claim is still open, the funds are pending until the claim is closed and have not yet been returned to the buyer.

If the claim has been closed, what is the reason given to you as to why the claim was closed in the buyer's favor?

I suggest you learn more about your protection by reviewing the Seller Protection Policy in the PayPal User Agreement.

For future reference, to contact PayPal by phone:

• Go to the PayPal website and log in to your account.
  • Click "Contact Us."
  • Select "Help by Phone."
  • Contact a Customer Service Representative
  •  

PayPal Customer Service Agents are available to help you from:

• 4:00 AM PST to 10:00 PM PST Monday through Friday.
    • 6:00 AM PST to 8:00 PM PST Saturday and Sunday.

Amanda

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.