I'm verified & lifted limit -- still problem with ebay purchase

TarzanWannaBe
Contributor
Contributor

Hi all,  I'm attempting to make a purchase on ebay using my PayPal account.  Yet at step 2, I get this:

We are unable to complete your checkout.

This payment will put you over the sending limit with your PayPal account. To remove this limit, you need to get verified.

You have sent with your PayPal account and your remaining sending limit is .

The sending limit is the total amount of money you can send with your account before you complete the verification process.

Verification helps increase the security of the PayPal network as more members successfully pass PayPal's identification checks.

You will be directed to PayPal to remove your limit. You will then be able to return to complete checkout and continue to use PayPal.

What might the problem be? 

TIA-

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

sandypurins
Advisor
Advisor

If you added a bank account to become verified, did you complete the process by entering the amounts of the two small deposits which PayPal sends to your bank account?

What do you see when you click on the "View Limits" link in your PayPal account...

Login to Me Too

TarzanWannaBe
Contributor
Contributor

Hi PayPal,

1)  I've already had verified status since mid-February 2010.  Here's the two small deposits that hit my bank account:  0.17 and 0.18 cents consecutively on 02/12/2010.  Yes, I completed the process to become "verified".

2)  I have no "View Limits" link displaying since I have requested it lifted.

The [My Account] tab show my status as "Personal" and status as "Verified".  And again, while there is no longer a "View Limits" link available, there was prior to my request to lift limits.  The limit had been something like $470.00 approximately.

Thanks for your help!

Steven-

Login to Me Too

sandypurins
Advisor
Advisor

Hi Steven,

I am not a PayPal employee, and so... I cannot view your account to look for what might be the problem. It looks like you will need to call PayPal... login to your PayPal account and click on the "Contact Us" link at the bottom of the page... there you will find contact instructions and the PayPal phone number for your account.

Sandy

Login to Me Too

sandypurins
Advisor
Advisor

Steven, Do you have more than one PayPal account?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.