I'm a new seller on Ebay and already I want to just give up!!!

mommy18064
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,Woman Sad

I'm having a problem with a buyer:smiley: because he took his good LOL time paying for an item and I was not sure what to to do after I sent him a total of 5 invoices over a 10 day period,so I was looking at the FAQ there on Ebay and I clicked on open a dispute and was just seeing what it was and before I read that I should wait to open one after a serent about of time I opened it,after I realized what I did was a little to hasty I closed it because I was afraid the buyer would really **bleep** me over for the money because his feedback was really high and all good! And the next day he paid for it and I thought oh good he must of seen I opened and shut a case on him and was feeling as if he was wrong for taking so long paying,well I was wrong he turned around and opened a case on me the day after I shipped it,claiming item not received !! I did not ship it out right away cause I thought well I mark that on the listing will ship within 3 days after payment..So in the mean time we here in PA get like 2 huge snow storms in a weeks time and It did not ship out as fast as I paid for it to cause mother nature don't care if Joe smo going to have cow if he don't get what he paid for.

Anyway,now I'm the one getting the bad rep because I wanted to sell a $65.00 jacket for $10.00 and ended up getting like 1/2 of that because I under charged for shipping because I don't like paying those outrages amounts for shipping so I take a little off the cost thinking it will make the bidder bid more to win the item because the shipping a good price... That one of my biggest problems,I think to much..To much about others and not about myself getting the short end of the stick.I just think now he is going to say that he never got it but did and eBay and papal are gonna ban me from being a seller..I made a mistake of not havening it POD because I was like if I pay for that along with the extra I had to pay for quicker shipping then I charged I would be paying him to take my NWT $65 jacket..I just wish he would response to my emails and work it out but nothing sent him like 3 so far and the last one was a little bitchy,cause he is not tiring to resolve this like they say to,why should I kiss his butt?

If he's not going to do the things they suggest doing also!!!

Okay I'm done now,this was very therapeutic for me and my hubby because he did not have to hear me **bleep** about it again,this is his quote,"Oh,just forget about it,it's only money" and you know that you sent it,that' s proof enough baby"  Idiot !It's the point of not letting someone get away with something so immature without being at least yelled at!!!

I hope this gets read because I read allot of ya all's post,they were not as long but I feel like I'm being punished for someone else's ignorance !

Thank you,

Mommy18064

P.S.. My 5 and 3 year old totally agree with me,Ty say's don't make my mommy mad,she is really nice and pretty!Woman Very Happy

Sweet boy:-)

Login to Me Too
12 REPLIES 12

surplusdealdude
Advisor
Advisor

Not to be mean, but perhaps ebay selling isn't for you.

If he's opened an INR dispute on you and you're selling a jacket at a dead loss anyway, why not just agree to refund him and not send it?

It would seem to be the easy way to do things.

Login to Me Too

mommy18064
Contributor
Contributor

Excuse me ! I'm just starting out and learning how it works...

If just giving up and quitting is your way of doing things then so be it !!!

I really did not mean give up on my dream of becoming an owner of my own unique store,I meant getting some experience of selling and dealing with customers on eBay.

EBay themselves convinced me to start selling a few small things and then get better and at it and grow slowly! And I figured that was a great way to become a better business person.

I'm really an easy person to get along with,I just have strong belief that people should respect each other so we all can get ahead..

It's not about how fast you get there,it's more about getting there and being able to stay..

Thanks for your advice,but I'll keep it up and be stronger for it.

You have a great Day !!!

Login to Me Too

surplusdealdude
Advisor
Advisor

Mommy, dearest,

You are the one that suggested giving up first.  I'm just agreeing with you.

Don't try and tear a strip off of me for agreeing with you - I bite, too.

Login to Me Too

mommy18064
Contributor
Contributor

Your a jerk !

And by the looks of all the post you leave on here your also in need of a life other then this!

No need to reply to any more of my post please !

Thank you,NOT....

Sincerely thankful I'm not your mother,

mommy18064

Attention Please: (anyone but SURPLUSDUDE)

Question #1 

Can you block a member from eBay and this site?

Question #2

Can you post feedback if there is a case open on you,I was trying to leave some on the buyer that has opened one on me and was redirected back to my eBay every time I tried...

Question #3

can you change the title of this topic,cause I should of wrote: Well I got my first problem customer! Not that I was going to give up on my dreams of being a top seller on eBay by the end of this year !

Thanks to everyone for taking the time to HELP me and not being so mean like some people...

Login to Me Too

mommy18064
Contributor
Contributor

Oh and It was already in the mail,so I certainly was not going to give him the item and a refund.I'm a women not an jackass,LOL

That's more like a suicide dead loss,LOL

Login to Me Too

josie998
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, I don't think you should give up.. I started selling Ebay in Sept. and didn't know anything about it. I sold something of my boyfriend's that I didn't know much about (not a good idea) because the buyer received it and told me that it was not as "described". So this happened to me also.. I got really upset and nervous about this, but then I realized that if it were the other way around I would be very upset too. So I asked the buyer to call me so I could explain everything, I did and also refunded half of his money. The buyer was so happy that he dropped everything, and gave me my very first positive feedback..Its a learning experience... GOOD LUCK Smiley Happy

Login to Me Too

mommy18064
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you,

I won't give up !

I'm a girl who never really gives in on anything(just ask my husband,LOL) ,till I can sincerely say I have been beaten....But I gave it my best and that's all I can do....

I wish I could talk to the guy but he won't respond and I'm not going to kiss someone's **bleep** or give him his money back and let him keep it,That's why some people are the way they are,nobody puts them in their place and tells them look your not going rip me off and get away with it...I don't really care if he gives me bad feedback,I'll do the same.Fight fire with fire,and everyone who reads my feed back can decide for themselves if  I'm a trust worthy seller!!!

And I will respect there opinion....

THANK YOU AGAIN,

mommy18064

Login to Me Too

meinpa
Contributor
Contributor

I totally agree with you...Same thing is happening  to me now. I also don't overprice my items...and like you have charged too little for shipping.

Again same thing...buyer didnt pay, after many invoices sent Ebay a notice that buyer didnt pay. Paid the next day.

Like you...Got a notice that buyer didnt recieve item.

I have the usps reciept...after reading things on Ebays community, that doesnt help

UNBELIEVEABLE...a reciept from USPS isnt PROOF THAT IT WAS SENT

I have been an Ebayer since 2001, and either buyer or seller, I get burnt

Login to Me Too

sandypurins
Advisor
Advisor

@mommy18064 wrote:

I made a mistake of not [having] it POD because I was like if I pay for that along with the extra I had to pay for quicker shipping then I charged I would be paying him to take my NWT $65 jacket.

As you probably now know, you must have online viewable proof of delivery to win an INR (Item Not Received) claim... proof of shipment is not sufficient.

If you use PayPal shipping, USPS DC (Delivery Confirmation) is free for Priority Mail and costs only 19 cents for First Class Parcels.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.