I just confirmed email, will previous payment attempts be visible?

davidreed
New Community Member

I signed up for Paypal and Ebay using different email addresses.  I linked my Ebay account to my Paypal account inside Ebay.  I sold an item, and received an email two days later stating that I had a payment pending and to sign into paypal to check the status.  I signed into Paypal, and there was no record of the payment.  Next day the buyer states that the payment was unclaimed and chose to cancel the payment. 

My guess is that the buyer attempted to pay using my Ebay email address.  I did not have the ebay email associated with my paypal account;  I thought that since the process of linking paypal to ebay required me to provide credentials for BOTH systems, that there would be "reciprocal linking" of both accounts.  Wrong.   

Here's my question.  Well, 2 questions.  First, from a seller's perspective, why bother linking paypal to ebay?  It seems like I could have avoided any problems by including my paypal account information in the listing so that the buyer could find my paypal account.

And, now that I've confirmed the email addition in paypal (you "add" in paypal, you "link" in ebay; you "confirm" in paypal, you "verify" in ebay) will the details of the previous payment attempt and subsequent cancellation be available to me?  

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.