I can't send money directly from my bank account instantly.... HELP

Dillonnnnnn
Contributor
Contributor

Usually when I pay for thing via paypal I can just take the payment directly from my savings account and send the money to people instantly.... but today I was attempting to send money and it wouldn't let me do that. Here's what's going on.

I'm trying to send $180 to pay for some kicks, and I have $160 in my paypal balance right now. So I go to send the money and for the balance it shows the 160 from my paypal account then $20 extra from an eCheck. and when i try to go to change the payment method to instant transfer from my bank account it wont let me. It doesn't have that method as selectable. a the top it says "This payment can only be funded with eCheck or credit card.  Learn More", When I click learn more, this is what it says:

[quote]PayPal is constantly working to protect our members against fraud. We review every transaction before it is approved, and we may block a payment when we detect a potential risk.

Our reviews take into account every aspect of a transaction, including looking at both parties. These decisions help us maintain the integrity of our payments network in the same way as other payment processors: by declining transactions with an unacceptable level of risk.

While our fraud measures occasionally block a legitimate payment, to maintain overall security, we cannot overturn any decisions about an individual transaction.

If you decide to continue this transaction using a different funding source, please note that the associated risk levels have not been decreased.[/quote]

What's going on and how can I fix this? It's really annoying me!

P.S. I have a verified premier account, my address, phone number and bank account are all comfirmed and everything!
And I have a visa gift credit card on there that I plan on using on paypal, so that should fufill the requirement they have that you need a backup funding source to do an instant bank account transfer.

Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7

profdata
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Your problem is the money in you Paypal account.

Paypal uses the Paypal balance first, then the bank account, then the credit card.

For an instant transfer from  your bank account, you must have a credit card or branded debit card attached to you Paypal account.

Log into you Paypal account and see if the cc or debit card is expired or near its expiration date.  If so update the expiration date.

Once updated you should be able to send the payment , $160.00 from you paypal balance and $20.00 from your bank account (instant).

Also paypal has a very limited protection for non ebay purchases.  It is always best to fund the paypal apyment with a credit card or branded debit card.

Login to Me Too

Dillonnnnnn
Contributor
Contributor

sorry, that didn't work. I added a new credit card and it still won't let me do an instand payment transfer from my bank account. It may be that before I used a gift creditcard and tried to send paymeny from there but i did not have enough money left on it to complete the payment and then denied it. Since then I have added a new gift credit card with  money on it,though

Login to Me Too

Ankoku
Contributor
Contributor

This is BULL**bleep**

I signed up for paypal for speedy transactions, now it wants to be a **bleep**ing bank?

I am NOT storing funds on paypal, if I can't direct transfer anymore I am cancelling my paypal and finding a service that ACTUALLY WORKS

Login to Me Too

aeh22emt

I am experiencing the same difficulty.  I called and went round and round with someone from Paypal who could not answer my questions at all.  I'm incredibly frustrated and I don't understand where this is coming from.  UGH.  We can't be the only people experiencing this!

Login to Me Too

jwvelez
New Community Member

I am having this EXACT same problem, and I'm completely frustrated. I've been a PayPal customer for more than 10 years. I have 3 accounts with them, and all of a sudden, I am not allowed to send Instant Payments from my Bank account, for no reason.

I called Support TWICE, and both times, two reps who barely spoke English were not able to explain why this was happening at all. All they mentioned was that there was NO WAY to fix this, and they did not know the reason why this was happening.

I demand an explanation for this.

Thanks.

Login to Me Too

hewilson23
New Community Member

I'm having the same exact problem and no one seems to know why.  I've never had a problem until now...WTF Paypal?  This is B.S.

Login to Me Too

TwinRecords
New Community Member

I am having the same problem. & years I have been a paypal customer.

All of a sudden, no more instant transfer, credit card, debit card and bank are all verified and confirmed, have been for years.

Tried to send a payment today, debit, credit or instant transfer are not available, only echeck.

which is strange cause I just sent an instant transfer in october of last year, not anymore.

would this having something to do with the party I am sending money to? maybe they have a questionable paypal history?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.