I Just Realized........

djpoptart92
Contributor
Contributor

I just realized.   You could possibly get scammed cause of the temporary hold on funds.   If the Ebay Buyer is a potential scam artist,   they can leave negative feedback or even stake a claim on Ebay or Paypal, stating that the item was not the same as described, or was DOA,  when the item they recieved was the right one and in good condition.

So even if they get the item and all is ok,  they can still scam you out of your money cause if they report it to Paypal that they are unhappy with the item,  you could never recieve the funds that has a hold placed on it.

Get rid of the hold on funds feature, and you will have alot more happy Paypal users.

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

takingover
Contributor
Contributor

i agree. and to add to that, some people will never accept "mint condition" (or other variations) as sufficient. i sold a kobe bryant rookie card and some idiot buyer was complaining that it had a fingerprint on it.... i'm like, "what? you want me to wear latex gloves first?"

Login to Me Too

smallHOST
Contributor
Contributor

If you don't like the way ebay is run, then find a legitimate business idea, put together a business plan, and start a real enterprise.

If a real business is too much work, than quit whining and go watch TV.

Login to Me Too

tr_right
Contributor
Contributor

They could scam you without the hold as well.

Even if you received the payment Asap without a hold, the buyer can still claim the item was damaged or not as described and reverse the payment.

I don't see how the hold makes  a difference.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.