How to designate Credit Card as Primary Source

CindyKR
New Community Member

I am confused.  A couple months ago, eBay offered some incentive (I believe it was $5 off my purchase at eBay) if I would add my bank account to my funding sources.  So, I did it.  I don't use PayPal much, so I haven't thought much about it yet.  But, now I have Yahoo wanting to use my PayPal account to pay my annual bill automatically.  So, I want to make certain that PayPal uses my credit card, not my bank account, to get the funds to pay all my bills.  But, I am going around in circles on the PayPal site trying to figure out how I designate this.  I now see that BOTH my bank account AND my credit card have the status designation as Primary Confirmed.  I have no idea what will be charged.  I'm about ready to just delete my bank account, but can't remember if there was some sort of hitch with the $5 order that would make me leave it there.  Can anyone help me?

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

barbkopp6767
New Community Member

I need help on this same topic too! Please help!

Login to Me Too

birdstone
New Community Member

I need help too. All I need to do is change the primary funding source from a bank account to a credit card for a single transaction. Where the heck is this info?

Login to Me Too

eeeerica
New Community Member

The New York Times has an article today about how PayPal is basically scamming people because it costs

them less to take money directly from your bank account, thus you lose the opportunity to get reward points or whatever else might make you choose to use your credit card.  This may be one of the reasons many vendors

don't take Paypal and many people try to avoid it.  I haven't figured out how to get the site to use my credit card

either, and I have a feeling there are alot of confused people who'd prefer to use their credit card, but who are

yielding to Paypal's lack of clarity on giving us choice of funding.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.