How to delete account?

mws_1984
Contributor
Contributor

I would like to delete my account and start a new one, all because I have stuff on this one I would rather not have anymore. If I delete the account by the way paypal says, does all my info get deleted or is it on file somewhere? And can I reopen a new account with the same email even though I had an account with it before?

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

skier
Advisor
Advisor

Once you close your PayPal account, that cannot be reopened.  You can open a new account, however it won't include any of your previous account's transaction history.   You'll also need to add your financial information back to your account and complete the process to become Verified.   And last, suggest using a "new" email address.  This will give you a clean start.

Regards,

skier

Login to Me Too

mws_1984
Contributor
Contributor

Alright thanks for the help. I actually had changed my email address on this account to the current one. But I want a fresh start with a new account. Just feel the need to get rid of that past transaction history. Guess I'll have to reuse this email because it is the only one I have and the one I changed everything to go to. I deleted my old email account that was my paypal email.

Login to Me Too

maxine_red
New Community Member

PLEASE HELP ME. I don't know how to post a new thread. It puts an asterick next to location but doesn't give me an option for a location.....?

I need to delete my paypal account becuase I gave my email address to someone I don't trust. How can I delete the account before he rips me off?

How do I get in touch with payapal

Login to Me Too

maxine_red
New Community Member

PLEASE HELP ME. I don't know how to post a new thread. It puts an asterick next to location but doesn't give me an option for a location.....?

I need to delete my paypal account becuase I gave my email address to someone I don't trust. How can I delete the account before he rips me off?

How do I get in touch with payapal

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.