How to cancel paypal buyer credit credit card?

Brandonguillory
Contributor
Contributor

all i need to know is how to cancel my credit card buyer credit program immediatly

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

Madamegato
Contributor
Contributor

I, too, would like to know how to do this.  I am sick to death of the way it defaults to buyer credit then I end up having a balance and not knowing it until I notice the money that should have paid for whatever item is magically still in my bank account.  It's underhanded and sneaky and I want it gone.  I've had to call and get angry with them about it before and here it is happening again - twice. 

Chances are we're just going to have to use the phone on this one, Brandon.  Makes me so sick I can't see straight. 

*quite disgruntled*

Login to Me Too

Madamegato
Contributor
Contributor

Found this on Ehow:

1. Step 1

Call the PayPal Credit Service Center at (866) 571-3012. Customer service operating hours are Monday through Saturday, 7 a.m. to 1 a.m., Eastern Standard Time, and on Sundays from 10 a.m. to 10 p.m.

2. Step 2

Once connected to the PayPal Credit Service Center, press "1" on your telephone to access your credit account.

3. Step 3

Provide your account number, and if you don't have it tell the automated system "I don't have it."

4. Step 4

You can then hit "0" or speak "Customer Service."

5. Step 5

Once a PayPal credit representative gets on the line, tell him or her you wish to cancel your PayPal Buyer Credit Card account.

6. Step 6

Confirm that your account is closed and hang up. You should soon no longer see PayPal Buyer Credit as a payment option in your account, and also receive an email or postal mail letter confirming your instructions.

7. Step 7

Alternatively, you can send a postal mail letter requesting your PayPal Buyer Credit Card account cancellation. The address to write to is PayPal Buyer Credit, P.O. Box 981064. El Paso, TX 79998-1064.

-----

I will be doing this tomorrow for sure.

Login to Me Too

Raydaddy
New Community Member

that just happened to me too.  set it to pay from my balance and it went right to buyer credit.  then they gave me the run around on the phone about it.  i paid the buyer credit the next day from my balance but still.  not what i asked for in the transaction.  BS if you ask me.

Login to Me Too

halfeller
Contributor
Contributor

I also have been roped into this nightmare.....I cannot find out how to end it. I just want to pay with my debit card and like magic a transaction appears at the end of the month that I thought was over and done with...Paid....so I thought.  I have been on the paypal site for hours getting misdirected and misdirected and cannot find out how to delete this paypal credit account.....Probably another ebay FIRST inorder to increase stock price....I will not purchase anything until there is a button to click and I can have the option to pay the way I WISH TO PAY.....PERIOD.  In the end they are trying to get into everyones pocket with a high rate interest rate and monthly payments.....

Login to Me Too

Madamegato
Contributor
Contributor

Use the steps above from Ehow.  I did and it worked wonderfully.  No hassle and now I don't have to worry about stupid buyer credit as an option (or a forced option at that).

Login to Me Too

suewilson
Contributor
Contributor

I also had a problem cancelling my buyer credit.  I wish there was some place to really complain.. The interest rate is totally outrageous!!  26% I finally had to send them a check to clear my account and now I am going to cancel.  I couldn't believe the only way to clear it was by check. I couldn't transfer funds. What a bunch of BS.  I have always had a good experience with paypal but this company is a total rip off!!  I could go on and on and on with all the things I didn't like about it.  When I called to see why the interest rate was so high and asked if I could get it lowered I was told "NO".   So that ended my dealings with this company...BUYER BEWARE

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.